turbo kit?

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
has anyone heard anything about the on3 performance turbo kit for the cobra's??... does anyone have one? thinking of getting one but not sure since their so cheap, well compared the hellion kits.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Their is a big thread in the blower bistro on their kit. I know there has been some fit issues with the kit. I would have the hotside hotcoated prior to install and help keep the pipes from rusting out. I know it ships setup for a blow thru MAF which is a +1 over the Hellion kit. I think you have your choice of turbos, a masterpower and something else I think. I thought I read that they also will ship it w/ an o2 bung welded in for your wideband.

Would I use it? Maybe when more people have them and can give feedback. I don't need stainless steel tubing welded by Bassani to justify a high retail cost like Hellion has. I need a quality kit that fits correctly and performs like it should. If On3 achieves this then its worth it go with them.

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
im reading different reviews from people... most complains have been on gt's everyone thats put them in cobra's say that their good kits, just have to upgrade to a 74mm turbo.

tnk925

Established Member
i really like sts set up just because its a real sleeper untill u get on it lol:banana:

Special Ed

boom goes the dynomite...
Established Member
on3 has been working with mustangs for quite a while... i dont have one on my cobra but that is my next step.. (this winter).. the have been getting better with their kits and have a great rep with the ford guys... im thinking its deff worth the money and give you room with the extra money

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
They can be alright, but go into it expecting a couple fitment issues and upgrade at least to a MasterPower(Precision is preferred though) turbo. They do have a few pluses compared to Hellion...cost, blow through MAF, forward facing headers on the new kit, and an intercooler that actually sits centered in the opening. Also with that cost keep in mind you'll still need a k-member/coilover setup, which is already included in Hellion's pricing.

Last edited:

Bullitt357

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and swap the turbo, wastegate, and BOV if you go with On3. You don't want a $100 turbo, $50 wastegate, and $20 BOV on any engine. Unless you're a gamblin' man:beer:

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's a guy on the s197 forum that was able to order the kit without the turbo, wastegate, and BOV. Might be worth looking into that so you can get the parts you want.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ That's definitely the way to go if it's an option. Unless you can get good pricing on a Precision turbo through them...

Fast?notyet

Established Member
i would try it all kits have some down side in my opinion and the savings is hard to ignore. But i second what was already said get a better turbo, wastegate and BOV at least. not doing this will result in capital TROUBLE!

tnk925

Established Member
i still say sts alot of people dont like them just because of there set up, but i have never herd anything bad about them but that's just me

Users who are viewing this thread