turbo kit good idea?

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
yeah the on3 kits are not to bad for the price. Only thing that is not cool about them is the turbos that come with them suck. Your also gonna need a tubular K. Seems like a good price.

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member
yeah the on3 kits are not to bad for the price. Only thing that is not cool about them is the turbos that come with them suck. Your also gonna need a tubular K. Seems like a good price.

The turbos have been tested on multiple setups to be "ok" for a period of time. If you're going to race them HARD I would upgrade to a better name unit. As for the K-member,no,you don't need one for a fox. If you need pics or help on a fox kit install let me know.

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
most of the time if u buy it with the On3 turbo they last a few hundred miles. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the master power turbo. They are reliable. And have fun.

bad01cobra

Established Member
most of the time if u buy it with the On3 turbo they last a few hundred miles. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the master power turbo. They are reliable. And have fun.

i can vouch for that one never did make it to 100 miles on 2 of them put together do the upgrade i kick my self in the a** for not doing it :bash:

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
I was also looking at this kit. I would definitely upgrade the turbo but hell for just over a grand thats not bad.

LSXThis

Established Member
i just bought the kit for my 01 gt from on3, but i upgraded to the 70mm master power...haven't installed yet, was supposed to do the k member and a arm swap this weekend but the weather is shit

crazycarlo

Established Member
if its going on a 5.0 id just be careful to begin with and keep the boost low. There are people on other forums who had built motors with main supports and all and split the block.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
99% of the time when someone has an issue with the turbo its not clocked. Chads 2v has been daily driven for 15,000 miles + I would guess now(last I heard) and its runs the On3 70mm. If you throw the turbo on, dont clock the center section for proper feed/drain, no turbo will last. If there was an issue with the turbos, they wouldnt be selling them. Make sure the setup is installed properly and you dont have anything to worry about

crazycarlo

Established Member
really then why do ppl who's turbo goes bad replace it with other better quality ones in the same orientation and they dont have a problem from that turbo? not here to start anyhting but ive seen alot of people who have had problems with the on3 turbo. Could have been a bad batch or something, i dunno just saying.

bad01cobra

Established Member
really then why do ppl who's turbo goes bad replace it with other better quality ones in the same orientation and they dont have a problem from that turbo? not here to start anyhting but ive seen alot of people who have had problems with the on3 turbo. Could have been a bad batch or something, i dunno just saying.

yes it what i did got tired of hearing its installed wrong so put a turbonetics off my buddys car on and car works great so pulling the whole kit of and going with kennebell because on3performance customer service sucks and boy will they lie to you

crazycarlo

Established Member
yeah well i dont personally know about the customer service so i cant speak for that. Sucks though for you man, Sorry its come to that :( Im currently debating going turbo or PD myself as I have a centri now.

bad01cobra

Established Member
yeah well i dont personally know about the customer service so i cant speak for that. Sucks though for you man, Sorry its come to that :( Im currently debating going turbo or PD myself as I have a centri now.

stay away from turbo's unless you get a high end kit and even at that they are more work then what they are worth a buddy of mine has a kennebell on his cobra for over 5 yrs now and not one single problem

SSeatr

Established Member
I went with Hellions twin 61 BB kit for my 99cobra, Jeff was AWESOME to work with, customer service was A++

installing my kit over next month or so...fingers crossed

MEAN_SBC

Established Member
Not every kit or turbo has problems. you can't possibly make that assumption based on buying a single 2 thousand dollar kit.

Word... I'd rather have a free wheeling turbo system than a parasitic belt driven kenne bell any day of the week.

bad01cobra

Established Member
Not every kit or turbo has problems. you can't possibly make that assumption based on buying a single 2 thousand dollar kit.

yea i agree with you but they are a little harder to tune and even the good ones eventualy go up and make a mess when they do

Users who are viewing this thread