Turbo install question...

BoosT_AddicT

BOOOSTIFIED!
Established Member
Hey guys, I'll be finishing my turbo build this week and I wanted to know if it would be OK to drive the truck to my tuner as long as I keep it out of boost?

The thing is my tuner is about 3-4 hours away from me. Should I drive it with the stock injectors then install them when I get there or should I just run my 79# injectors? Will it even run with the 79# injectors without a tune?

Thanks for the help guys! :beer:

I'll post pics later this week when I'm wrapping it up...

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
Hey guys, I'll be finishing my turbo build this week and I wanted to know if it would be OK to drive the truck to my tuner as long as I keep it out of boost?

The thing is my tuner is about 3-4 hours away from me. Should I drive it with the stock injectors then install them when I get there or should I just run my 79# injectors? Will it even run with the 79# injectors without a tune?

Thanks for the help guys! :beer:

I'll post pics later this week when I'm wrapping it up...

I doubt it's going to be drivable...What maf do you have? You might have to swap the 42#'s back in until you can get it on the dyno...honestly, you may be better off trailoring it.
Congrats!:beer:

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
Stock 42s and electronics and you should be good for a couple pounds of boost.
I'd drive it.

BoosT_AddicT

BOOOSTIFIED!
Established Member
I have the SCT 2800 with the kit but I can run the factory one until I get there if I drive it... I guess it all depends on whether it starts and runs ok. If not I'll have to rent a trailer and borrow a friends truck.

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Remember how much time and money you put into it.. If you think it is work the risk then do it... I personally think it would be, but will you be ok with it?

I think as long as you stay out of boost, and remain in part throttle... take your time and baby it.. My 2¢

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Do you honestly think you can stay out of boost? Because I know I don't have that much self control. To be safe, I personally would tow it. That last thing you want is to fry a piston or screw something up because you wanted to save a few bucks.

Almost forgot, Pics of said turbo install or BAN!!!

Last edited:

BoosT_AddicT

BOOOSTIFIED!
Established Member
Thanks guys... Looks like I'll probably end up towing it. No sense in blowing it up over a few extra benjamins. lol.

I'll post pics end of next week... Promise.

Users who are viewing this thread