Shroutc

Established Member
I have a 97 cobra with a forged bottom end with 8:7:1 comp. ratio with a GEN 2 on3 forward faceing kit. Only two problems I had with this kit is the v-bands whitch I upgraded and the turbo.the turbo has about 1k on it and oil seals are already bad and doesn't spool at idle I'm making 500rwhp at 13psi I have spark blow out around 5200. So my question is what type of turbo brand and size would be good for this combo? Probly never going to exceed 700hp on car.any help is greatly appreciated.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Depends on the budget man. Alot of people had success with the masterpower T70 that On3 used to offer as an upgrade. You can find used one for a pretty good deal. Id say something in the 67-72ish size would be good if your on stock cubes, unless your just shooting for peak hp.

If you dont have a strict budget then a precision billet wheel would be nice.

There are alot of knowledgeable people on this forum but if you need more specific info try theturboforums.com

Mustang Matt

Established Member
This is the first failure of the default 70mm option they offer that I've heard of. Have you tried calling them? Maybe they'll do better than they did with the injectors.

Also, boost-a-spark.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
This is the first failure of the default 70mm option they offer that I've heard of. Have you tried calling them? Maybe they'll do better than they did with the injectors.

Also, boost-a-spark.

What's this boost a spark ? I have this same set up welling is not the front facing one and I have the cheap turbo I think the 60 or 67 trim not sure .

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Ok I googled it but would it really need it ? For what I heard this cars have enough spark for that amount of power .

Shroutc

Established Member
My gap was as .035 now it's at 0.28 I'm gonna try to roll it up to 6500k and see what happens.@2rbo97svt your 97 looks almost Identical as mine same rims ,lowered and black lol.

Shroutc

Established Member
As far turbos go I heard there's 2 differnt sizes you need to look at like trim and a/r? The on3 turbo says a/r .96 so I guess I'd have to get somthing the same size?

2rbo97svt

Established Member
My gap was as .035 now it's at 0.28 I'm gonna try to roll it up to 6500k and see what happens.@2rbo97svt your 97 looks almost Identical as mine same rims ,lowered and black lol.

Awesome dude You should pm some pics that's be cool

Last edited:

Shroutc

Established Member
a>

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Bro that's sick man. How much power u trying to make once you're done ? Did you build yours ?

Shroutc

Established Member
Right on man.Im shooting for 600-700 after I find a turbo.I did everything myself except for machining, forged internals and apr hardware. And I'm in Indianapolis

Last edited:

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Right on man.Im shooting for 600-700 after I find a turbo.I did everything myself except for machining, forged internals and apr hardware. And I'm in Indianapolis

How much did all that run u if you don't mind me asking ?

Users who are viewing this thread