Turbo guys Lets hear your exhaust

LeoGSVT

Banned
anybody have videos of what they are running for exhaust?? i have a maggy catback on the car now..and i like the look of it..im going to be running custom made manifolds and custom piping all they way into the catback..should i run an x pipe in the middle? h pipe?? no mid pipe?? are there some videos or sounds to help me decide what to do?

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
you want a mid pipe for these cars! I dont know why, but it makes lots of torque compared to no x or h. What are you looking for in exhaust? I mean it doesnt really matter what you have IMHO because all you will be able to hear is the wastegates. I bought ultraflow so its quiet on the street, but under wot it will be loud.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
C H I N I said:
you want a mid pipe for these cars! I dont know why, but it makes lots of torque compared to no x or h. What are you looking for in exhaust? I mean it doesnt really matter what you have IMHO because all you will be able to hear is the wastegates. I bought ultraflow so its quiet on the street, but under wot it will be loud.
I have looked into this and haven't seen any evidence that a mid pipe is beneficial on a turbo Mustang. I would say if you are building a custom exhaust, go with no mid pipe-less hassle.

LeoGSVT

Banned
im thinking of just runing pipes off the turbos into an X pipe..no cats of course and then into the maggys...im gunna play around with it once the setup is on the car

Users who are viewing this thread