Turbo guys in here?

#1pony

Established Member
I plan on turbocharging my 93 Cobra. My plans are for it are to be a weekend driver with an occassional car show in between. Stock appearance with some bite! I am on a budget so if you have experience, or advice, with this combo please chime in. Rebuild a stock short block with forged pistons, edlebrock performer heads 2:02/1.60, 1.7 rr's, E 303, port match the lower intake to the heads, and a stock Cobra upper. I had this exact same combo in another car, no power adder, and I thought it ran great, for what it was. Not sure of the power because I never had it dynoed. Does anyone know what kind of numbers I could expect running 10-12lbs. of boost with a good tune? I will probably use a BG turbo kit with a 70mm turbo.

Thanks

buddha93

Established Member
There are a couple of guys in here with them. If your using the stock block, and only looking to make 10-12 psi, I'd go with a smaller single turbo. It will spool much quicker and be more in line with what your doing.

Teal93

I have heads cam intake with a turbo and 12 psi 501 hp and 550 tq on stock internals and stock block with 95000 miles on it. I dont rage on it just when someone wants a little. Tuner said should be ok as long that it does not detonate. so I run a little bit of 110 with my 91 octane. O and I run a 60mm turbo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread