Turbo Gt ?

WastedGate

Established Member
I know its a very open ended question, but what kinda numbers are you guys looking at with a basic 2v intercooled turbo setup. Any Fuel combo just trying to get some numbers, I am up in the air about purchasing a new to me pony and just trying to figure out which route I want to go, Thanks for all the input guys

02blownGT

Established Member
Depends on the boost.If your not planning on building the motor anytime soon save yourself alot of $$ and just go with a blower.you will be maxing out those cast rods in a stock motor without touching the potential of a turbo setup. I have seen 380rwhp 400tq on just 6psi.But you can get those numbers with a small blower on a stock setup so not worth all the trouble and money to go turbo unless your built IMO.

WastedGate

Established Member
I just recognized I didnt mention a model , looking at the new edge style. Arent blowers around same cost as turbo kits, 5 grand giver or take. My only this is I love turbo setups and have the ability to build one for cheaper than normal.

02blownGT

Established Member
Turbo kits usually require a tubular k member.so it opens a whole new can of worms and can run into alot more by the time its said and done.

Driver500

Established Member
400/400 with 6 lbs of boost on an otherwise stock setup with a 5 speed

Once you build the motor you will gain about 15-20 hp per lb of boost.

The top end power of a good turbo setup will kill a blower setup, but you get way more throttle response out of the blower.

TheGimp711

Established Member
im currenty running a intercooled Vortech setup but am in process of installing a Hellion T76 on my 02 GT. I made 400/400 with 10.5lbs boost with the Vortech but am told I should make 430-450whp and more even more torque with the turbo running similar boost. Turbo is definitely going to run more money no matter how you slice it. You can buy used Vortech/Procharger kits on the forums for under 3k all the time and do make great power for the money and are much easier to install and do not require the tubular front end. I have no complaints at all with my Vortech.

Users who are viewing this thread