Turbo Cobra vs turbo Civic

purdueranger

Established Member
Standing at the car hang out because I was bored and was approached by a couple skinny Honda dudes that looked like they just came from the Auschwitz camp. They tell me that I am the king shit of the parking lot, I have a terminator I guess, and that they want to race. I tell them to go pick on another Honda because your shit isn't worth my time. After about 5 min of bull shitting by both of us, I get them to tell me it's a 70mm compressor side and I get him to pop his hood and I swear the turbine housing looks like the stock one off of a damn 1g DSM.

I say **** it what do you want to roll at since he is on 225 all season tires. He tells me a 60 roll would be good because it's cold outside and neither of us would hook. I tell him to look at my tires, 335 Hoosiers, I don't think I will have a problem with traction. I told him I get to honk it off since this is his race. I honk 3 times and give him a 2 second hit and I pass him before I get to the top of 3rd gear, I started in 3rd gear about 3500rpms. I then shift into 4th gear and let off at 140 when I have car lengths on him. We do this 2 more times before we turn around. We turn around and I get him to do a 40 roll and well, I raped him harder than Budda with a fresh fish in county lock up. The second 40 roll his buddy cranks the shit out of the boost controller but swears he didn't change the boost the whole time we raced. I honk it off and he hangs with me until midway through third when I start walking him. I shift into 4th for the last time and gave mopar Bob, buddy who was riding shotty, a fist bump because I was 5 for 5 against this Honda.

The honda guy said it's a B18 Vtek with 24psi of boost, who knows. That is my fun from tonight.

edit********** I am only running 14psi through my T76.

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
Sounds like the Civic was fortunate to hang with you through 3rd gear even after he added boost. Nice Kill.

purdueranger

Established Member
You're kind of an ass. What ever happened to modesty?

I am an ass, I am not going to lie. I did give him props for hanging with me, especially on the last pass when they cranked the boost up. I shook his hand and his friend's hand, guy who set up the race, after we made it back to the hang out spot.

What I didn't post in the OP was the car had in paint pen on the rear window, want to race call 317-XXX-XXXX, he didn't have a speedo or tach working, and it was burning oil when it pulled in.

THAITED

Established Member
good kill, how much power do you have with turbo set up? Just curious cause I will go turbo next, thanks.

purdueranger

Established Member
good kill, how much power do you have with turbo set up? Just curious cause I will go turbo next, thanks.

580-650 range. I have never had the car on the dyno, all the tuning was done on the street. The guy who actually owns the car told me that on 24psi of boost that car has over 500 wheel. but it's still a 2200-2400lb civic racing a 3600-3800lb cobra.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
580-650 range. I have never had the car on the dyno, all the tuning was done on the street. The guy who actually owns the car told me that on 24psi of boost that car has over 500 wheel. but it's still a 2200-2400lb civic racing a 3600-3800lb cobra.

Wait this is confusing. So you are street racing someone elses car?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Gotta watch out for those turbo Hondas!! A couple of my buddies up here have some damn fast ones!

Nice kill man :rockon:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good kill, but I'm with this guy:

You're kind of an ass. What ever happened to modesty?

If there's money on the line then whatever, but why be an ass over a shits and giggles race? Isn't racing supposed to be about having fun?

F8L BYT

Established Member
Good kill but its still a honda nothing really to brag about:shrug: Too bad you didn't build it and were too scared to race the travis's blue z28 or do just like racing cars that you know you can beat? :burn:

purdueranger

Established Member
Good kill but its still a honda nothing really to brag about:shrug: Too bad you didn't build it and were too scared to race the travis's blue z28 or do just like racing cars that you know you can beat? :burn:

Yep, I like to race slow ass turbo Honda's (TOTAL SARCASM) that call me out after I declined him 10 times. I told him that adding a tire isn't going to help him on a roll race. You don't lose 5 times then come back for 2 more tries but he did and I gave him another shot.

If I remember correctly, James came up to me and asked if I wanted to race Travis. I told him I would go from a 60 roll because it was a cold ass night, never raced my car before, and didn't know what Travis wanted since Travis didn't come up to me as ask for a race. I just that day put a set of DRs on the car, borrowed from a friend to go take the car to the track and see what it could do. I told Travis that in the spring we would line our cars up.

And to the guy wondering about the race, he wanted it to be an 1/8th mile dig race on cold ass concrete, going off a light at an intersection, and the cops like to patrol the area.

I would rather race at the track than the street. I had 2 races this year on the street and it was this Honda and James 402 Camaro vs my SBE Camaro on the hose. I have gone to 41, Muncie, ORP, and Ozark Raceway Park this year. I would rather run people on a prepped track and run where there is no bull shit about why you lost.

Fox 5.0, if you want to grab a lane by all means, you got one buddy. Run your car, not your mouth

Users who are viewing this thread