Turbo Cobra: New Clutch, New Numbers

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
So when I first dyno'd my car after the build, I was putting around 600/580 to the ground at 20lbs (lost dyno sheets...). Within a month, my Spec Stage III clutch was toast. I upgraded to a McLeod Twin Disc setup and never got around to putting her back on the dyno...

Well, unfortunately, I let a friend (now ex-friend) work on my car while I was overseas for work and when I got it back, my front bumper had been ruined and my tune was completely screwed up. So I sent it back to Gear Heads and 14 weeks later, I got my car back (long story, don't feel like going in to it right now).

Travis re-tuned my car and I now put down 620/606 with 18lbs.

Dyno graph reading experts, feel free to chime in.

Travis likes to put things on the safe side so this is a conservative tune with pump gas.

Timing was about 15*

Planned on hitting the 1/4mile this weekend but also found out that my ex-friend toasted my WOT Box... I'll be sending it back and hopefully N2MB Racing can hook it up with a warranty...

Dyno_5-4-11.gif

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nice Numbers. I would have like to see RPM's along the graph bottom...

Eventually post how a screwed-up bumper and tune took 14 weeks to fix??

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Nice Numbers. I would have like to see RPM's along the graph bottom...

Eventually post how a screwed-up bumper and tune took 14 weeks to fix??

LOL, yeah, I will eventually, and might even go into some detail as to why my ex-friend had it for 2 months prior to that... I was without my car for 5.5 months total... FML.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Glad you got some stuff worked out on your car man.

At first glance I was going to say it looked like it was spooling lazily, the torques curve builds very gradually. But on second glance it looks like the pull was stopped short as the HP and TQ curve cross at 5250rpm, which appears to be right before the end of the pull. Having rpm's on the x-axis would help read into it better. Either way badass car!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Thanks guys, will do. I'll try to get back to the shop this week and print out one with RPM's. I contacted N2MB racing about my WOT Box. They recommend me trying to reload the Firmware but it didn't work. Then said if I turn the key to the on position and a particular fuse gets real hot, then the box is fried. Tried it and sure enough, it's fried. Luckily, I can send it back and they will either repair it or send me a new one. It's pointless to go to the track without it. I went from a 7.9 to a 7.2 with the 2-step on my first run with it... on 18" drag radials. Thanks again for the comments!

Users who are viewing this thread