Turbo Cobra and a Supra out for a Sunday drive ;)

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
So on a whim I decided to Dyno the car to see what I was making with the new Turbo, and tweak the tune.

The problem I was having was the fact that I was afraid I was making too much power, and endagering the stock block. The car is just tearing my ET streets up all the way through Third gear, and I was afriad of over powering the block.. So I wanted to see what I was putting down.

Weather sucked it was in the 80's and HAD to be 100% humidity.

First couple pulls netted a suprisingly low number, something in the 450's at 14 psi.. This was a bit off from the smaller turbo's numbers, but my A/F was buried at 10.0.. So thanks to the mad scientist Al (XX Tuning), he leaned the mixture out some, and we were able to get 480 sumthin at the same boost level with some fuel takin out.. But I was still off, and I couldn't figure it out. Then Dan mentioned that maybe my air filter that I just got was not big enough (tiny K&N). So we took that off, BAM instant 30rwhp, to 520ish. After some tweaking and bumping the boost up to 16psi with a total timing of 19, the car is running insane now. SteedaJeff let some air out of the tires and that helped, but the car is worthless through 2nd gear.

Total numbers today: 540rwhp/578rwtq PUMP GAS - Not bad considering the air today sucked ass.

The video was mainly taken following the Dyno, Al had his supra, and we had a video car (JoeStang and Dan) and we just tore shit up this afternoon.. I can honestly say that my car scares me now. When you watch the video, watch the first race with the Supra and I.. Look at how much rubber the car lays down.. -evil1

The Supra belts out 620rwhp/510rwtq.

Right Click "Save as" 50mg <- This link MAY give you problems - make sure you get the entire video.

If not

Here is a link to a Low Res version of the video, quality kinda sucks.. But at least it will work.
Right Click "Save as" - 10Meg

Last edited:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Congrats on the nice numbers:beer: Your setup is sweet as s**t. What kind of turbo are you running? I'm considering switching to turbo soon maybe.

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
The Supra and I have the same exact Turbo.. Precision T67GTQ

Nice turbo, increased my pump gas numbers by almost 40rwhp. I haven't even pushed it with Race gas yet, but I assume and EASY 610rwhp/640rwtq with some 118 in her. But that's askin for trouble with the stock internals..

Look for that video towards the end of the year. :)

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
nice stang dude so who's faster u or the supra:p u weigh less but he can build the RPM quicker

That depends, the first race we went from a 1st gear roll, and I had him by a car..

Anytime we go from a higher roll, his car will get my by a car or so... Two totally different cars with totally different purposes..

I think a drag race at a track would be interesting, that Supra has laid down a 1.6 60ft, which for a Supra, is no joke.

Oh yea, one more thing, the kid who ownes the Supra is my roomate and he's the reason why my car is turbo... Talk about being proud of your apprentice huh? :rockon:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Awesome video first off. The music, the camera footage, everything. Second, that is one bad ass car man. I normall am not a huge fan of the 95 body style, but that car just looks sick! Awesome dude, keep the vids coming man!

99SVTAddict

Established Member
WOW.....I saw like 40 yards of rubber when you took off. SWEET.

My car should be done in the next couple weeks. Expecting around 540RWHP on gas, 570 or so on race gas. If my car looks 1/2 that fast I'll be happy!!

What wheels/tires do you have on there?

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Something is up with the server. That's wierd. The video should be 3.5 minutes at over 50mg.

Users who are viewing this thread