Turbo Charger or Supercharger???

94gtGUY

ride till i die
Established Member
I have a 94 gt and was thinking about either turbo charging my car or supercharging my car. Which one would be better to put on :shrug: . I'm looking to gain more horsepower,yet i still want it to be reliable because its my everyday driver. :??:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
94gtGUY said:
I have a 94 gt and was thinking about either turbo charging my car or supercharging my car. Which one would be better to put on :shrug: . I'm looking to gain more horsepower,yet i still want it to be reliable because its my everyday driver. :??:

with a 5.0 it's no question, they're notorious for kicking ass with turbos.

94gtGUY

ride till i die
Established Member
if i'm running a turbo.....what kind of other mods should i be looking into getting ?

bonds94

Established Member
i would also like to know what kind of turbo kit i would have to use with a 347, and if there are any places that provide fully built turbo kits

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
94gtGUY said:
if i'm running a turbo.....what kind of other mods should i be looking into getting ?

It all depends on the power you want. If you want something under 500 HP, you dont have to get a new block or internals. Infact, a turbo kit, a dyno tune, a nice pair of DR's, and a free flowing intake and exhuast could be as little as you need. Beware though, the stcok transmission will not last long, as well as the rear end depending on the launches you do. Youll have to address the fuel system as well, but that should be included in the kit. As well as the ignition system(MSD distributor, plugs(colder gap range),wires and a coil)

nugen

Established Member
Any form of forced induction is great, but turbos are definitely superior to blowers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread