turbo and auto-x

NYstanger

Established Member
How well do you think a cobra with a single mp70 would do for SCCA auto-x? You think the car would be to laggy? I'm looking for good street power but with means to be able to auto-x still. Hence I'd rather go turbo so I can keep the boost down at the SCCA events and then have a seperate tune for the street. Opinions are greatly appreciated especially pro vs cons as opposed to going with a KB or whipple in this situation.
thanks

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I autocrossed my turbo 93 quite a few times and it's a bit different, but still really manageable. I was running a Turbonetics T70 with a .81 exhaust housing and 3.27 gears. You do have to get in the throttle earlier coming out of the turn but I was laying the smack down on a lot of seemingly more capable cars (03 cobras, and pretty much anything newer than a fox body).

boost12

Established Member
I would think a Twin setup with properly sized turbos would work awesome for Auto X. If its a stock cubed car I would think twin 50 mm turbos would get the job done.

NYstanger

Established Member
Debating on going with the new B&G turbo kit or a KB set up for the car. Main concerns would be strength of the k-member and melting parts due to the exhaust all in the engine bay area. Only real reasons from me going turbo at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread