Turbo '98 project dilemma

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
So I have hit a snag in my build and was hoping to get some opinions on what you guys would do. So I have a 98 that I just had the engine rebuild and forged to handle a turbo at moderate boost levels. I'm wanting to shoot for 650-700 hp on e85. Problem now is my project timeline has to be pushed out, first plan was to for the time from start to finish being around 1.5-2 years. Now its looking more like 2-3 years, this leaves another 1-2 to finish it. So the issue is the freshly rebuild engine is just sitting in my garage waiting for the turbo kit, transmission, fuel system, rear end, ect, ect to be pieced together. At first it would have just sat for like 6 months, which my builder said would be no problem as long as I rotate is every couple of days. So the long overdue question is, is it ok to keep the engine out and keep rotating it for a year or more or should I put it back in with the t45 and stock fuel system and just long tubes and get a mail order tune to shut off the egr, SAI, IMRC, ect and then have the ability to start and run the engine while I collect the rest of the parts.

Have any of you guys had an engine out for over a year without hurting it and if so what precautions did you take to keep it healthy?

-Kevin

bumsoil

Established Member
use fogging oil in the cylinders and install plugs. keep a layer of some sort of oil in the cylinders to keep it from rusting.

Users who are viewing this thread