Turbo 95 Cobra vs 400rwhp Lightning *video*

cuda

Just a quick vid of my car and a friend's Lightning. As far as I can remember he has a 4lb lower, exhaust, intake, and tune. I believe he put down 390rwhp and 450rwtq off the bottle (luckily it was empty :eek: )

My car has an intercooled DIY turbo kit with stock exhaust manifolds and a 60-1 turbo, open downpipe. Completely stock 95 Cobra motor with new headgaskets and head studs, 165k miles

I was running 9-9.5psi that night. I'm still tuning with the Megasquirt, might be upping the boost some soon. :beer:

http://media.putfile.com/cobra-lightning3

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Nice run i expected you to walk right past him... stock ~10psi tuned on a cobra should be about 20-30 more rwhp than the lightnings. I bet from a dig he would get ya in the 1/4..

On a side note, how do you like your megasquirt? I dont like user unfreindly software but i mean that sh|t is a breeze to install and cheap as sin. Im debating on the pms series IV for my new setup simply because of user/freindly and no need for laptop. Doesnt someone make an adapter for megasquirt so you can just plug it in to factory harness and be done???

Last edited:

cuda

ford5.0forlife said:
Nice run i expected you to walk right past him... stock ~10psi tuned on a cobra should be about 20-30 more rwhp than the lightnings. I bet from a dig he would get ya in the 1/4..

On a side note, how do you like your megasquirt? I dont like user unfreindly software but i mean that sh|t is a breeze to install and cheap as sin. Im debating on the pms series IV for my new setup simply because of user/freindly and no need for laptop. Doesnt someone make an adapter for megasquirt so you can just plug it in to factory harness and be done???

I really like the Megasquirt, it's great and very cheap. If I could do it all again I'd probably just get a dynotune for the stock computer though, just makes things much easier. MegaScott makes an adapter now for the EEC-IV computers to plug right in to the Megasquirt, I found out about it halfway through my install :(

cuda

spyder1337 said:
So your about 400 rwhp or so range?

Something around that range....I went to the 1/8th mile the night before and my best trap was 90.5 if that gives you an idea. I still have some wot tuning to do and then I might up the boost and race a friends 500rwhp 03 Cobra and post it on here :burnout:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
cuda6pak said:
Something around that range....I went to the 1/8th mile the night before and my best trap was 90.5 if that gives you an idea. I still have some wot tuning to do and then I might up the boost and race a friends 500rwhp 03 Cobra and post it on here :burnout:

Yea 400 or so sounds about right. Then again I made 500 and traped 92.5.. traction was finally found in 3rd but still :) Post the video if you guys race, the turbo set up sounds wicked man. Where did you get everything from?

cuda

LightningMAS said:
where in TN u live at?? wanna come and race my L?? :)

i race from digs only...

nice race though!!

I'm just down the road in Cookeville. I'd be happy to get some racing action going....but if we're going from a dig I need to get my ET streets mounted or borrow some slicks first! And probably up the boost to take on that beast! :rolling:

Boostaddict5.0

Turbo Head
Established Member
Nice run bro, and was that alittle of smoke coming from the exhaust? What have you been doing to that turbo..hehe. Throw that Dynomax Bullet on there!

LightningMAS

Banned
cuda6pak said:
I'm just down the road in Cookeville. I'd be happy to get some racing action going....but if we're going from a dig I need to get my ET streets mounted or borrow some slicks first! And probably up the boost to take on that beast! :rolling:

sweet!! im actually in Franklin,TN.. if u know where that is...

ur car sounds mean!!! if u gonna put some slicks and stuff on there,, then shit, that means im gonna have to put some slicks on to.. lol so, i can catch traction and not spin .. it would be fun !!! u come to nashville often?? i would like to see ur car!

cuda

LightningMAS said:
sweet!! im actually in Franklin,TN.. if u know where that is...

ur car sounds mean!!! if u gonna put some slicks and stuff on there,, then shit, that means im gonna have to put some slicks on to.. lol so, i can catch traction and not spin .. it would be fun !!! u come to nashville often?? i would like to see ur car!

Yeah I know a few people in Franklin....I pass by nashville every so often if I go back home to Clarksville. We'll have to line them up sometime!

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Took the Cobra a little while to start moving, shouldnt be laggy with that turbo thats on it. Time to play with it some more!

cuda

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Took the Cobra a little while to start moving, shouldnt be laggy with that turbo thats on it. Time to play with it some more!

It's not laggy but I need to add more timing to the off boost WOT areas and the 1-5psi range to get it spooling faster.

Users who are viewing this thread