Turbo 5.3Lsx Notch vs. 427Cid LSx turbo catfish Small money grudge race. Close race!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Little vid I threw together from yesterdays track outting. Tried some new camera angles and whatnot... Enjoy.

[video=youtube;MuJ5tsezzUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJ5tsezzUI[/video]

jleews6

Established Member
Good runs and that Mustang must roll out because Scotties car should fly.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
In all fairness, that was the first time out with the turbo setup in the Camaro, and they didn't have a clean pass before the race... the hood flew off first time out, and was destroyed, then he ran out of C02 for the shifter (owner is paralyzed, and car has hand controls), so that first pass on the vid was with another driver and hand controls disabled, and you can hear him pedal it a couple times. With that said.. The little white notch moves, because the catfish trapped 161.5mph on that race vs it!

jleews6

Established Member
In all fairness, that was the first time out with the turbo setup in the Camaro, and they didn't have a clean pass before the race... the hood flew off first time out, and was destroyed, then he ran out of C02 for the shifter (owner is paralyzed, and car has hand controls), so that first pass on the vid was with another driver and hand controls disabled, and you can hear him pedal it a couple times. With that said.. The little white notch moves, because the catfish trapped 161.5mph on that race vs it!

Wow I knew his car went over 160 but didnt know it was on that pass. That notch much reall run good. Do you know whats done to the motor?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Notch is a stock bottom end/ stock head motor, with a cam, custom intake, A/W intercooler in firewall. That car impressed the hell out of me.. The dude helping him tune it had a 1100whp camaro that ran slightly slower than his car, and only because the notch is 2800 raceweight vs. like 3500 dry...

jleews6

Established Member
Notch is a stock bottom end/ stock head motor, with a cam, custom intake, A/W intercooler in firewall. That car impressed the hell out of me.. The dude helping him tune it had a 1100whp camaro that ran slightly slower than his car, and only because the notch is 2800 raceweight vs. like 3500 dry...

WOW! Thats impressive. I have seen some pretty crazy numbers come out of some "stock" LS motors.

Users who are viewing this thread