Turbo 400 Auto

johnjon87

Established Member
I'm thinking of switching to the Turbo 400 Auto transmission has anyone went through with switching from stick to auto? I'm wondering what the pros and cons would be with switching.. I agree its fun to bang gears but with the power I'm making I don't really think it would be an issue. I know one of my biggest pros to switching would be not worrying about buying clutches. I plan on having the car on the track but I also drive it and would like to drive it on the weekends when the weather is nice, no winter driving and the car is no longer a daily. Kent and the guys at evolution were nice enough to give me a test drive in one of their cars that they just installed the transmission in. I instantly fell in love with it. For one I hate clutching with these high performance clutches in traffic and I live in Northern Va and find myself in DC a ot as well. It is a nightmare getting home when there is 30 mins of traffic ahead of me. I guess my concerns are if I'm driving the car around the highway will I be able to cruise around at 50-60 mph I really don't care all that much about gas mileage because lets face it if you're worried about gas don't buy one of these cars. anyways if anyone has switched or has an auto with a lot of horsepower share any info you may have to help me out to decide what I want to do. Right now I have a new spec clutch good for 1300 hp so I have sometime to decide what I want to do..

Users who are viewing this thread