Turbo 2v exhaust?

03silverterm8r

Established Member
Hey guys well I have a 2000 Saleen vert Single turbo .. its got a dumped dynomax muffler before the axle and its LOUD! iam wanting to put a catback back on it but I heard chambered mufflers where bad for the turbo and really restricted.. what would be the best catback for it?

2k3gt

Established Member
Although I'm obviously partial, I think that MagnaFlow mufflers sound good on turbo cars with their straight-through design. Check out some vids on youtube or something.

PS..why is your N/A GT in your sig and not your turbo saleen? :dw:

Last edited:

03silverterm8r

Established Member
I couldn't find a vid of a turbo car with certain catbacks.. I like the way the Mac sounds but its chambered .. Would it make a big diffrence over a straight through.. The slp loud mouths and magnapacks seem a little on the loud side too?

2k3gt

Established Member
I couldn't find a vid of a turbo car with certain catbacks.. I like the way the Mac sounds but its chambered .. Would it make a big diffrence over a straight through.. The slp loud mouths and magnapacks seem a little on the loud side too?

I would think the MagnaPacks wouldn't be too loud as long as your midpipe is CATTED. An offroad midpipe would definitely be too loud with any straight-through muffler on a turboed car IMO.

03silverterm8r

Established Member
I would think the MagnaPacks wouldn't be too loud as long as your midpipe is CATTED. An offroad midpipe would definitely be too loud with any straight-through muffler on a turboed car IMO.
I am running a custom 3inch down pipe no cats.

Users who are viewing this thread