Turbo 03 cobra ignition problem.......

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
So i threw a code for #8 cylinder misfire, bought a couple oem cops and switched them out, turn the car back on after switching the cops and sounds like piston slap or some valvetrain noise......drive the car about 5 minutes noise goes away completely still has a misfire though. While changing the 2 cops out i grab my coolant reservoir and get shocked, now under boost it breaks up and i pull the plug on that cylinder i installed a new coil on and the plug smells like raw fuel. kind of baffled.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
just put a hotter-tr6 in it over the br7 and did a few pulls check the plugs no green tint on anything a couple were pretty brown on the porcelain, still throwing the misfire code.

hotcobra03

Established Member
have you checked the connector real good?

it could be loose to coil, burnt/black inside connector from old coil,

wire broken just beyond connector..

i had just fixed a friends brake light that was having issues,,the prongs inside socket were not holding bulb tight,light worked until you turn on headlights than brakelight would go out

cant explain shock? maybe you were touching battery at same time bending over to change coil

YelOSnake

LEAVE IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE
Established Member
If you got shocked it sounds like you have a ground/loose wire or bare wire issue. Test your coils with a DMM before changing them, they should show a certain resistance across terminals. Any ford dealer should be able to tell you what these specs are, idk off the top of my head. Also test voltage across the terminals in the pigtail. Always check the simple things first to rule out dumb stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread