Turbo '02 Lightning, Low Miles, Daily Driveable

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
2002 Lightning, 24k miles, A/C, heat, 6 CD in dash changer, Infiniti door speakers, Tinted windows, etc. Reconditioned title, but runs and drives great, tracks perfect, does not wear tires funny in any way, etc. It is a true 800 horse daily driver with AC and all power options. The truck is very mild manored on the street, it drives like a stock lightning until you hit the skinny pedal on the right.

Now for the good parts:
Professionally tuned by PSI Motorsports in Webster, 688/745 rwhp/tq on pump gas @ 15 psi, 806/897 on C16 @ 26 psi. The entire setup has less than 500 street miles on it now. I have 2 other toys, and no time or money to play with any of them.

Engine:
JLP Long Block
Forged Crank
Manley Rods
Manley Forged Pistons
Comp turbo grind Camshafts
Comp adjustable cam gears
Fully Ported Stage 3 Patriot Heads with some custom work done
All ARP Fasteners
Ported lower intake
Custom sheet metal upper intake
Accufab single blade throttle body

Fuel system:
Fore billet fuel hat
Twin Walbro 255 pumps
all braided stainless fuel lines
#10 feed, Aeromotive filter, aftermarket rails, Aeromotive 13101 boost sensitive regulator, 79# Racetronix matched injectors, #6 return

Accessories:
Modified PTK turbo kit with PT78 78mm turbo
Vortech race BOV, Turbosmart 44mm wastegate
Kenne Bell boost-a-pump
Cobra R Water Pump
Dual Electric Fan Setup
Custom Built 6 Point Roll Cage w/Custom Built Lexan Back Window
LFP Heat Exchanger
Canton Heat Exchanger Reservoir
MSD Coil On Plugs
Rear Mounted Battery w/Painless Battery Disconnect (New Battery)
H/E pump switch (turns pump on with the truck off)
Line Lock
SCT 3000 MAF
SCT chip
Factory Ford drop in bed cover fitted to roll cage
Lokar braided stainless throttle cable

Gauges:
Phantom Air/Fuel, Boost, Fuel, and Trans Temp Gauges

Exhaust:
Single 4" exhaust from the turbo back through a 4" muffler with an oval tip out of the factory location

Transmission:
Factory Tech Monster Box with upgraded Z pack 2nd gear
Factory Tech Valve Body
PI 10.5" 3500 Multi Disc Converter
Aftermarket Tranny Cooler w/Fan

Traction:
2" drop hangers
LFP Long Bars painted black to match the truck
Factory wheels with new Nitto fronts and Nitto 305/40/18 Drag Radials
Bogart D-10 15x5 with street tires and 15x10 wheels with 30x10.50x15 Slicks

Asking $21,000 with the Factory wheels and Bogarts.

102_0689.jpg

102_0688.jpg

102_0690.jpg

102_0692-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

stang-kag

Established Member
Finally found you! Here you go

042-2.jpg

046.jpg

049-2.jpg

0929101850-00.jpg

20100825114749.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1945-3.jpg

IMG_1943-3.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

I am the 2nd owner of this beautiful cobra, she’s torch red and in superb condition. I purchased this car Mar 28, 2009 and I bought it off ebay from a guy in Dallas, TX…It was all stock except a ported eaton blower and magnaflow exhaust. I had been looking for this exact car for a long time when I found it, a low mileage car (13,900) that hadn’t been torn into and raced into pieces. “I knew I was going to mod this car and try to have a very fast car built” so instead of going to TX and picking the car up I had the car trailered to JKS Performance of Mansfield, TX (a suburb of Dallas Fort Worth, TX) to be modified!!! I first started off with :rockon:

Stage 3 Modular Mustang Racing (MMR) Heads
Stage 3 COMP camshafts
Stage 5 ported eaton
BBK Longtube Headers
(I’m sure im forgetting some things) but this setup on 91 octane dyno’d @ (519rwhp on mustang dyno) on 17 lbs of boost!

This wasn’t netting me the power level I wanted to be at so I made some fuel upgrades, some suspension upgrades and went to a kb 2.2 blower instead of the ported eaton…Granted I could of made a lot more power with a 2.8 KB mammoth or a 3.4 whipple, I chose the 2.2 because I love the sound they make since they are spun so hard and I got this at an amazing price! This upgraded blower made (583 rwhp on mustang dyno) on 91 octane and 18 lbs of boost!

Happy but not completely impressed with those numbers, I wanted more so I decided to go with twin turbo…Even though most people would have stopped at that point and just enjoyed the car as is ( because at this point I had owned the car for about 6 months and still had not driven it) I had Josh the owner of JKS Performance rip off all the stuff I didn’t need anymore to convert the car to a twin turbo setup…I sold most of it through SVT Performance.com and the other stuff I either sold through his shop or I still have at his shop in a box! I then contemplated which turbo kit to go with, I decided to have a custom Twin 67mm Turbo kit fabbed up by Majestic Turbo in Waco, TX. The Turbos are 67 mm Garrett turbos that are good for (750 hp) each. The hot and cold side piping along with the upper sheet metal intake was fabricated by Josh and his employees at JKS… The intercooler is from HP Racing in New Mexico, it was all then sent off to a powder coater and then installed along with all the the parts listed below to make a breath taking view… This setup looks similar to the kits made at HPP Racing in Lewisville, TX. The battery has been relocated to the rear trunk to allow space for the turbo!

Work done by JKS Performance: All parts were purchased NEW!!! No shortcuts were taken at all on this build… List of most parts installed are as follows

ENGINE:
'03 Cobra Longblock
'03 Cobra Manley H-Beam rods
'03 Cobra forged crankshaft
Manley forged pistons
MMR Stage 3 ported cylinder heads
Stage 3 Comp cams
Sullivan lower intake
JKS Performance custom sheetmetal upper intake
Accufab throttle body

TURBO KIT:
Twin Garrett 67mm turbo's
Tial 38 mm wastegates
Tial blow off valve
HP Performance front mount intercooler
JKS Performance cold side piping
Turbosmart E Boost 2 boost controller

TRANSMISSION:
Mike's Trick Shift 4R70W (with warranty)
Mike's Trick Shift custom converter
Baumann Transmission Controller

REAREND:
8.8 Ford rearend
Ford Racing carbon filter clutched differential
31 Spline Alloy USA axles
3.27 gear ratio netted “20.6 mpg on the drive home at 68 mph!”

FRONT SUSPENSION:
Tubular K-member and A-arms
Maximum Motorsports Coil over kit and Caster Camber plates
Tokico 5-way adjustable struts

REAR SUSPENSION:
Wolfe Racecraft upper and lower control arms
Spherical Rearend housing bushings

BRAKES:
'03 Cobra brakes

FUEL SYSTEM:
Ford GT Supercar fuel pumps
Twin FPDM upgrade
1/2" fuel line
Sullivan fuel rails
80 lb/hr Ford Racing Injectors
SCT TUNER WITH 3 AVAILABLE SETTINGS
AFTER THIS BUILD IT DYNO'D ON 91 OCTANE THROUGH THE NEW AUTO TRANNY ON JOSHS MUSTANG DYNO AT 605 RWHP AT A SHORT RUN OF 6500 RPM'S... ROUGHLY 690 RWHP ON A DYNO JET DYNO...THIS WAS MY STREET TUNE AND I WAS HAPPY WITH THAT SO I WENT AND PICKED IT UP THAT NEXT WEEK, THE PLAN WAS TO GET USED TO THE CAR AND BREAK IT IN THEN GO BACK TO TEXAS FOR A FULL OUT RACE FUEL TUNE ON HIGH BOOST BUT I NEVER GOT THAT FAR...DUE TO A RECENT CHANGE IN JOBS:bash:, IM NEEDING TO DECREASE MY DEBT AND UNFORTUNATELY NOT BE ABLE TO ENJOY ALL THE HARD WORK, TIME AND MONEY THROWN AT THIS BEAUTIFUL COBRA, SO MY LOSS IT YOUR GAIN...IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE THINGS IVE TYPED ABOUT THIS CAR AND ITS BUILD TO BE VERIFIED DONT HESITATE TO CALL THE SHOP OWNER OF JKS PERFORMANCE @ (682) 518-1785 ASK FOR JOSH! HE KNOWS THIS CAR BETTER THAN I DO, AND IT WAS JUST COMPLETED 2 WEEKS AGO!!!
THE CAR WAS DRIVEN FROM TEXAS TO MY HOUSE IN OKLAHOMA, DRIVEN AROUND TOWN ABOUT 20-25 MILES WORTH AND THEN CLEANED AND PARKED, HAS NOT MOVED SINCE THEN. CURRENT MILEAGE ON CAR IS 14,426.9= "VERY LOW" ONLY 225 MILES ON BRAND NEW BUILD 200 OF WHICH WERE AT 68 MPH ON A HWY
SERIOUS BUYERS WILL BE EMAILED AN ENTIRE BUILD SHEET WITH ALL INVOICES...I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!!! THIS CAR WAS BOUGHT ON 3-28-2009 AND TOOK UNTIL 11-12-10 TO COMPLETE...

THE MOTOR IS A FRESH BUILD, THE AUTO 4R70W IS BRAND NEW WITH A WARRANTY, THE TURBOS ARE BRAND NEW CUSTOM BUILT FROM MAJESTIC TURBO IN WACO, TX AND I JUST CHANGED JOBS TO BE HOME WITH FAMILY MORE, SO IM LOOKING TO DOWNSIZE MY DEBT... I AM WILLING TO TRADE FOR A SVT LIGHTNING IF YOU HAVE ONE OTHER THAN THAT, IM NOT LOOKING TO TRADE FOR ANYTHING ESLE...THANK YOU AND PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [COLOR="red"][email protected][/COLOR] IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR TEXT OR CALL ME AT 918-325-1704 KYLE
RECEIPTS FOR OVER $56,000 IN CAR
ASKING $45,000

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
Awesome car, just out of my price range.

Here are the video's you asked about:

th_MVI_3598.jpg

First time to the track with the turbo, 14 psi, leaving with 0 boost on the old bald drag radials (wouldn't hook, that's why it has slicks now!):

th_TurboL1.jpg

silver93

Established Member
that is one sick ass truck. i had a lightning look just like yours but ran nothing like your. sell my 67 mustang i might give you a holla. glws

stang-kag

Established Member
The closer i get to selling my twin turbo cobra the closer i get to giving you a call to come pick that bad@ss truck of yours up...You did a great job on this truck and i want it even tho its not the color i wanted Sonic Blue,, you can beat a truck running 10.20's GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread