Turbo 01' Bullitt vs Bolt-on 125 shot 14' 5.0

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Alright so I should've had footage of this, but somehow my gopro froze on 3 sec once I had it mounted and pressed record as we were crossing into Mexico. This was against a buddy of mine who just finished the nitrous setup and we both agreed that a 50-55 roll would be okay for both of us. Kinda high rpm for him and kinda low for me as my 2nd gear runs to 97ish.

Mods:
5.0: Auto w/ 3.73's, Intake, Headers, OR X, Axleback, Fuelpump booster, 125 shot plate kit, dyno tune
01 Bullitt: Stock bottom end, cams, borg warner s475, cg fab hotside, full return fuel system, built auto swap w/ circle d triple disk, full suspension, and tons of weight reduction (3300 w/ me in it). Boost peaked at 9.7lbs. during the run.

No passengers in either.

First run we went from 50 and my buddy forgot to arm the nitrous on the hit lol, so we get a even start on 3 honks with me brake boosting and both of us in 2nd gear so I jump out 1.5 - 2 cars, glance in the mirror and suddenly he stopped my pull (hit the arm switch after shifting to second), he starts inches back until 115/120 when I lock the converter up at the top of third, and I start slowly inching away again till we shut it down at 150 with me being in front by about 1.5 cars.

Second run we go from about 55, even start, me brake boosting and the nitrous armed on the hit this time. It's very close up till 115ish once I lock-up 3rd and run it out to 150 where I'm ahead by about a car length. We end up checking the nitrous afterward and bottle pressure was a bit low, we will be running it back with a fresh bottle and me on the same or a tiny bit more boost.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Good runs. Would've liked to see them though! Haha maybe next time.

What gears in the B? Both being autos I'm a little surprised nobody wanted a dig. Isn't that what they're more or less geared to do so well?

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Good runs. Would've liked to see them though! Haha maybe next time.

What gears in the B? Both being autos I'm a little surprised nobody wanted a dig. Isn't that what they're more or less geared to do so well?

3.27's in the Bullitt. He's on 28" tall street tires and I'm on 18" r888's. Once we have a real set of tires a dig is going down. That should be close too since I have a 2-step and transbrake as well.

Users who are viewing this thread