Tunning Question

77whitehorse

Established Member
I have 03 termmie I just put my 2.8 pulley on today.I have a JLT cold air kit 2 hi flow cats with a x pipe ford racing mufflers And predator pulley tune seems very fast.Do I need to put plugs in it since I changed the pulley.I plan on getting a dyno tune soon.How much hp do you think I will make.

Ironhand

Banned
Yes change the spark plugs and close down the gap. With the canned predator tune depending on how close you get I'd say 440 or so. With a good custom tune 460-470.

724COBRA

Established Member
my car made 410 with the Predator canned tune and the same basic mods as you (that is how i bought it). just got it dyno-tuned with an SCT and put down 463rwhp. Also used tr6 plugs

WDW MKR

Established Member
NGK TR6 or TR6ix gapped @ 0.035" and lose the Predator canned tune for a custom tune from someone like VMP, RWTD, MileHi, ATS, etc...

77whitehorse

Established Member
This car made 400 at the wheels with a drop in K/N and high flow cats and for racing mufflers.And it still had the air silencer.Since then I put the 2.8 JLT true cold air and the preditor pulley tune.The car has never had the plugs changed.I just got it couple months ago.Spoke to the orignal owner.It dynoed 378 bone stock.I plan to get a dyno tune.

77whitehorse

Established Member
The guy at the auto parts looked uo the ngk tr6's and the stock motocraft and they said their was no difference between the plugs.

WDW MKR

Established Member
77whitehorse said:
The guy at the auto parts looked uo the ngk tr6's and the stock motocraft and they said their was no difference between the plugs.

Yes there is.

Word of advice... most local auto parts counter-jockeys are not as knowledgable as they would lead you to believe.

77whitehorse

Established Member
Yea,Now I know i ordered the factory motorcraft and they are platinum not amoron or what ever they call the tr6's.The tr6's are suppose to last longer.Since I ordered the motorcraft I gaped them at 35 and they have worked great.

musclefan21

Established Member
so diablo predator tune has costum tune in it? i just bought unmarried one and plan to pulley her soon, can i give my diablo tuner to my tuner and let him load custom tune in it or do i have to buy another tuner?

77whitehorse

Established Member
No you can let him tune it with your tuner (diablo).My buddy that is going to fine tune mine when I take it to a dyno.Tuned mine a little the other night.the pulley tune that is in the diablo.Had my timing to fast we back off the timing and is alot faster.We are going to fine tune everything else when we dyno it.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
NGK TR6 or TR6ix gapped @ 0.035" and lose the Predator canned tune for a custom tune from someone like VMP, RWTD, MileHi, ATS, etc...

Good advice right there...

I suggest the same...NGK TR6's gapped at .035" and get a real
tune. Forget that mail order garbage.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
77whitehorse said:
Had my timing to fast we back off the timing and is alot faster.
Less timing makes the car faster? :shrug:

I hope your buddy knows what he is doing because you really shouldn't be playing with fuel and spark unless you have a wideband on the car.

77whitehorse

Established Member
This guy installs and tunes tubo cars and supercharged cars everyday.My car is alot faster since we back the timing off a little.If timing is to fast it will hurt your power.

Users who are viewing this thread