tunners in DFW area

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I data logged my car the other day and the fuel/maf tables are waaaay off! I don't know how it's even running. Gear heads tuned it.....

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I data logged my car the other day and the fuel/maf tables are waaaay off! I don't know how it's even running. Gear heads tuned it.....

Take it to TrueStreet in McKinney. The service is excellent because they go out of their way to keep the owners informed in what is going on. Sean and Clint are guys into the hobby and having fun as racers themselves. They didn't open a shop just to run a business, but they did it because they love it. They treat people as they would want to be treated if they went into a shop.

TrueStreet is without question the best shop in North Texas. :rockon:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Hmm looks like I will have to check into this Truestreet just further away from me... Sadly hpp is closest to me of any then gearheads.

Travis has always treated me right and fixed any problem that has arise without giving me hassle but they are just on another time table over there. Prices are really good and work seems really good but you are more than likely not going to get too speedy of service. Travis did my tune though and it pulls like a mofo but numbers suck lol

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Had one experience with GearHeads. Will never go back.

Have spent a fortune with HPP. Multiple guys up there worked on my car, have had a few minor issues but they were always resolved. I just cannot afford them anymore.

There's a certain member of this forum who frequents this very section who tuned my car and did a fantastic job. Best tuner in D/FW imo, and he doesn't work for any of the shops.

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
Truesport might be the winner since I have not really heard of anything bad about. How are there prices?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Truesport might be the winner since I have not really heard of anything bad about. How are there prices?

Better than most. Call and talk to Clint who is one of the owners, the other one is Sean. Both guys are real car guys who understand what customers want from a shop because they used to have to deal with the same shop issues the rest of us do. They reall go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. :)

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
Can you pm me the name of the member or if that member can pm me so I can see what we can work out lol

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Yeah, he's got a lot of traveling, honestly, but, if he can get to you, he's the best local tuner. Knows his shit man, taught me almost everything I know about my car and always gives the best advice, whether it's what you want to hear or not. He saved me a lot of money in the long run.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Just setup a tuning session at truestreet man coudn't get me in till the 13 of december thats nuts!

O well hopefully they can get my cammed/e85 pos idling better cuase it bounces all over the place as of right now :(

Users who are viewing this thread