tunners in DFW area

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
im looking for a place to possibly dyno tune/ tune my 04 cobra. I live in Bossier but i wont mind driving 3 hrs. to get it done. I have an option already, but i just want to see what else i have around me.if someine can remcomend or let me know. and if there are any thing that i need to do , list or anthing just let me know.

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
Manny at HPP in Lewisville has a good reputation around here with the Terminator crowd. Very busy place though so you should definitely make an appointment.

I had a nightmare situation with the shop in Arlington called Gearheads. They had a good reputation but they completely botched a gear install, twice. I wouldn't let those folks wash my horse.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
HPP does alright work but I have had nothing but horrible customer service every time I have been in that shop. I was only looking to do a couple small things to my mach and they wouldn't even give me the time of day because I wasn't going to drop a ton of money right then. Went with a friend to get a small adjustment on the tune in his car and ut took over 4 hours. 3 of that waiting on Manny to show up, was 1hr late, and then he starts pulling the trans on his personal car before even talking with us. I'll never go back there just based on customer service alone. I'm going to try TrueStreet motorsports in mckenney. Going to their dyno day tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

327blwn

Established Member
HPP does alright work but I have had nothing but horrible customer service every time I have been in that shop. I was only looking to do a couple small things to my mach and they wouldn't even give me the time of day because I wasn't going to drop a ton of money right then. Went with a friend to get a small adjustment on the tune in his car and ut took over 4 hours. 3 of that waiting on Manny to show up, was 1hr late, and then he starts pulling the trans on his personal car before even talking with us. I'll never go back there just based on customer service alone. I'm going to try TrueStreet motorsports in mckenney. Going to their dyno day tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

What he said.....

Bearden86

Established Member
I had my terminator worked on at gearheads and they were resonably priced and friendly. Im going there for my tune next weekend.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Manny at HPP in Lewisville has a good reputation around here with the Terminator crowd. Very busy place though so you should definitely make an appointment.

I had a nightmare situation with the shop in Arlington called Gearheads. They had a good reputation but they completely botched a gear install, twice. I wouldn't let those folks wash my horse.

Well said!^

They worked on my car because I was too busy working to finish it up. They bent my throttle body from tightening the clamp way too tight, drilled and tapped the intake pipe for my methanol nozzles and they were completely loose and my car runs like shit. Keep in mind they had my car for 2 months just to install meth injection and tune it! And yes I made an appointment!!!!

I tune my own car now.... Piss on all the so called tuners!

mustangman533

Established Member
Well said!^

They worked on my car because I was too busy working to finish it up. They bent my throttle body from tightening the clamp way too tight, drilled and tapped the intake pipe for my methanol nozzles and they were completely loose and my car runs like shit. Keep in mind they had my car for 2 months just to install meth injection and tune it! And yes I made an appointment!!!!

I tune my own car now.... Piss on all the so called tuners!
:rockon:I'm thinking the same ...maybe going to Megasquirt soon

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I hate to get on here and say one bad thing about anybody but man my experience was pathetic. Travis was very nice tho, he let me use his personal trailer but it dindnt make my car run better.

40calcobra

Established Member
I hate to get on here and say one bad thing about anybody but man my experience was pathetic. Travis was very nice tho, he let me use his personal trailer but it dindnt make my car run better.

Never had any issues with Travis or Matt at gearheads in 5 years. My 04 has ran strong and trouble free. I will be going back for their in-house port and a little bit of dope when I get back home.

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
wow thanks guys i had been gone due to work but i will defintely give them a consideration. I was thinknig of doing myself but im just not sure if i will have the time.

Cobra EssVeeTee

Established Member
I live 6 hours from dallas, and i heard from this website that HPP was the best... worst mistake ever!! I brought my car to them for a dyne tune, and the installation of several bolt-on's that i don't have time for right now.. which included changing fuel pumps, diff cover, pulleys, throttle body, fuel hat.. etc. after i got the car back after a week it started leaking diff oil and gasoline from the tank... brought it back to them ( 6 hour drive) and Brad said they would "fix me up"... went and picked it back up and after another week was leaking gas and diff oil again!... had a serious vaccuum leak. brought it to Triangle speed shop in Orange, Tx... they checked it out for me ( working 7/12's in a refinery)... found that the throttle body was missing 2 bolts, and they stripped out 3 bolts to the rear-end, and thats the beginning of it. i payed HPP a lot of money to do what i consider a pretty simple job, especially for them. They have horrible customer service, and mechanics obviously, i would never recommend their shop to anyone not even for anything simple. I understand this is my mistakes and i paid big time! thats what i get for working too much? :)

Z06KILLR

Established Member
I made the 4 hour drive from Houston to Dallas because I wasnt comfortable with anyone around Houston. They all talked like they knew e85 and 1000rwhp but I didnt see any proof. I ran across Manny on the Corral with his Turbo 5.4 E85 setup and was sold.

HPP tuned my car and to date its been great. Manny has plenty of tuning experience under his belt with high horsepower cars, especially with E85.

The shop is busy and communication can be short which can turn people off, quickly. It's something they need to work on. But he does quality tunes.

I do all my own wrenching, so I cant add any experience there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread