Tuning

2k3Mach

Established Member
2011 GT premium m6

Previously I had a Procal tune and used it until warranty was up about a month ago. I returned the car to stock and drove for about a month and recently bought an sct x3/sf3 and tune. The 93R tune doesn't feel much different from stock to me? Should there be a seat of the pants noticeable feeling with a tune? The gas pedal doesn't feel near as responsive as the Procal either. My buttmeter definitely isn't feeling it. Just a question for anyone with mostly stock car with only a tune! Is there, or at least should there be feeling of the car being way more responsive, or do I need multiple miss such as cai, or exhaust, etc?

Oh, and somewhat normal driving on Highway I seemed to hit 29 mpg with Procal, 24 without, and getting 25 with tuner!

Last edited:

kk_kalina

Established Member
I had the same feeling when I put my brenspeed race tune on my car then the other day I put it back to stock tune due to a lot of commuting and wow going from the tune to stock I could tell a huge difference

2k3Mach

Established Member
I am not here to bash anyone. I wanted to ask others should I notice a bigger difference than I feel I do .. my car right now doesn't even feel as good as the Procal tune... I guess if I don't have other mods or crappy fuel or. ..

Last edited:

2k3Mach

Established Member
Sorry.. it is a bama tune. Others seem to think their tunes are fine and notice a big difference. I just needed to know if what I am seeing is normal or if could/should get better? Possible my 93 octane fuel isn't as good as some places...

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
Contact Bama with your concerns. While their tunes leave a lot to be desired, their customer service is excellent. Bama tends to lean on the conservative side with their tunes hence their #8 warranty.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Nothing beats a dyno tune in my opinion!
But you should notice a difference with a goood tune!

I had the procal on my last car and really liked it....switched to the sct when I installed the tvs and that tune just didnt ever seem right!

scotmach

Established Member
For a basic bolt on car dyno tuning is no longer necessary. Most prefer data logging on the street in real world situations rather than being up on a dyno. and there are plenty of guys running email tunes with forced induction with zero problems.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
But you should notice a difference with a goood tune!

I had the procal on my last car and really liked it....switched to the sct when I installed the tvs and that tune just didnt ever seem right!

It really depends.....If you have a shop not as familar as a remote tuner I'd say hands down the dyno tune won't be as strong. I'm going through that as we speak and will report back with my results.

Users who are viewing this thread