Tuning with a 2.93 pulley

stevolikedevo

Established Member
I've got a 2.93 pulley I'm looking to install. I've got a BBK fenderwell intake, magnaflow catback, and a diablosport predator tuner. I've got the tool to install the pulley myself, so I'm wondering if there is a relatively safe way I can tune the car before I can get it to a dyno. Thanks!

03blucobra

Established Member
I have a 2.75 inch pulley with TGk spark plugs to make them run cooler and diablo sport programmer... i also have a mac CAI that goes in the fender.... what i did was use the programmer and set it to Pulley Tune and its easy as that....the programmer does everything for u really....so just read it as u go

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
You can use the pulley tune on the Predator until you get a dyno tune! I would also recommend changing your plugs to a colder plug, like the NGK TR6s gapped at about .035. This will prevent plug blow out at higher rpms with the added boost. You may also need a snub idler to help prevent belt slip at higher rpms. The pulley tune is good for about 12-14 lbs of boost. Hope this helps!

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Those canned tunes are garbage...basically they are to get you to your tuner for the real tune. If you stick with just the canned you are leaving power on the table. :uh oh:

IndiaHatCobra

Established Member
Is it safe to drive a car that you change from a stock pulley to a 2.8 without a tune as long as you stay out of the boost until you get to the tuner?

Emil

Established Member
Is it safe to drive a car that you change from a stock pulley to a 2.8 without a tune as long as you stay out of the boost until you get to the tuner?
Yes,
Just realize that if you max boost it once and the a/f is high you can fry a piston in no time! How good is your self control :).

Users who are viewing this thread