Tuning/throttle body issues

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The OP's issue & " most " of those posting share a common denominator, - canned tunes.
I agree that there was a batch of mono-blades with defects, but it wasn't all mono-blades produced during an entire year !!
I had a mono-blade installed in 2012, which is still in use today.
Pa._Mustang_show_313.jpg

Based on how well this T/B performed, I had another one installed in 2014.
30_day_build_update_pics_05-21-2014_007.jpg
Maybe I got the only 2 mono-blades with no defects,...........or it's your tune !!!
....................( both cars were tuned on the street. )

V8Flexin

Established Member
They sent me a new tune that omitted the mono blade and so far I'm having no issues. But I still would like to use the mono but thought of it failing and leaving my car stranded is not something I want to deal with. I guess a option is to carry the tools and the stock throttle body to swap if it does fail is a possibility. I'll be checking to see if I can get the electronics separately from Ford OTC parts. Also do anyone still make the trunk lid attachable tool boxes? Otherwise I'll have to make my own trunk mounted tool box.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

V8Flexin

Established Member
So I've been doing some research on Ford electronic throttle bodies and confirmed the issues I had were due to the throttle body. I found a couple of good reference video's on how to check and diagnose this issue and is relevant to all Ford electronic throttle bodies. , , & . I haven't checked or tested my mono blade yet but I plan on getting to it over the weekend and will likely replace all the electronics with brand new ford oem parts just for a little piece of mind.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Exact same. Keep the 60mm housing as a paper weight, and in case the motor or TPS fail you can send it in for a warranty claim.

sleek98

Established Member
I would assume the 60mm you get from the parts counter is the same tps and motor as the aftermarket ones through frpp too. Atleast I would try to find out before dropping 300 on a new one from Tasca or Autonation. It will be 530 from your local dealer if they make you pay retail. When the frpp one is 150

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The FRPP is literally the same TB as the one through the Ford retail parts chain. The FRPP unit has its own PN and comes in a FRPP box. The Ford retail comes in a Ford Genuine parts box and has a specific number to retail dealer outlets. Literally exactly the same, just different box and different distribution network. My guess is that the retail part is priced to include money to cover the part and labor warranty guarantee.

Ive purchased an FRPP unit to replace the stock throttle body I cannibalized to make my Whipple Oval Monoblade functional. Aside from some dirt, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. The FRPP TB has been on my car since last November without even a hint of an issue. Its GTG for direct use or cannibalization for its TPS and motor.

Users who are viewing this thread