Tuning this expensive?

madridlv70duece

Established Member
I keep hearing tuning is around 300-500. My car has a diablochip and unfortunately the tuners around here use sct xcal. I was given an estimation of 900 by a shop and thats usually a small guess when it comes to cars, but thats a lot i think if everyone else is getting charged around 500. Any suggestions

Franchi

Established Member
Depends on your setup and how long it takes to dial in. That is s good bit though. Could always get a used unlocked SCT unit, ( like I have listed in classifieds cough cough) though and get the SCT tube... Typical dyno tunes will vary from area to area plus dependent on what type setup but usually $400 to $500

madridlv70duece

Established Member
It is pretty modded. So far from what the owner said and i have down,

-bored .30 over
-stage 2 head job
-stage 2 blower comp cams w/ beehive valve springs
-oversized intake/exhaust valves forged steel
-manley 18 cc dished skirted pistons forged aluminum
-manley 4 beamforged steel rods
-forged steel kellog cobra crank
-13-15 psi pulley 1.9in
-3.73 gears
-forged aluminum drive shaft
-2.5 exhaust

it has a diablo chip
60 lb fuel injectors
Gt40 fuel pump

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
I paid $500 for a dyno tune on my bolt on 99 Cobra. This also included a sct handheld tuner in the deal. The guy I go to charges a flat rate of $500 for a tune and handheld.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I paid $500 for the tune and SCT tuner. Car is an eaton swapped 01 cobra. That price of $900 is ridiculous. I wouldn't go there. $600 seems high, but its more reasonable. See what each shop charges for dyno time per hour and how much they charge for a tuner. You may be able to buy the tuner cheaper on your own.

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
I paid $500 for the tune and SCT tuner. Car is an eaton swapped 01 cobra. That price of $900 is ridiculous. I wouldn't go there. $600 seems high, but its more reasonable. See what each shop charges for dyno time per hour and how much they charge for a tuner. You may be able to buy the tuner cheaper on your own.
I see your from MA too. Where did you take your car to get tuned? I have been going to Performance Dyno and I'm very pleased with the results.

madridlv70duece

Established Member
Well, i was first being charged 475 for a complete tune and because i needed an sct he gave me "rough estimate" of 900. Its my first time tuning and they are some of the best tuners here in Vegas but man!.. Il take my chances with Carl

Users who are viewing this thread