Tuning questions (SCT) and datalogging Q's

TrickStang37

Established Member
ok, i got a dyno tune about a year ago. if i wanted to change the fan settings and anything else like that with the SCT, will that replace my dynotune?

also, when i dynotuned last year, my fuel pumps were running at full duty cylce. when I datalogged it last year after the tune, I checked the voltage and it was running 12.8-13.2v. I posted on here and you guys basically said that the voltage that is being read is through the computer is regulated and will read that and it was normal.

my alternator crapped out 5 months ago, and i finally was able to datalog today real quick on the way to work. Windows Vista was making it impossible, finally got it to work. the voltage shows 14.2 through the datalogger. so will this throw off my tune? I called my tuner and left a message, but thought I'd post here too. I still need to datalog current fuel pump duty cycle, but it wont stop raining here till sunday, and will as soon as I can.

hope you guys have a few answers to my questions, I know it's kinda two threads in one.

TrickStang37

Established Member
ok, i talked to my tuner. He said that being that the fuel system is 100% stock, the tune will not be affected basically.

as for changing certain stuff, such as fan temps, etc., that if it says "change parameters" on the SCT that I can, otherwise he might and probably did lock it. He does that to protect himself (and uninformed owners) from people messing with a tune and blowing their motor and then blaming him etc.

Users who are viewing this thread