tuning question

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
don't know the physics behind it all, but is there a better time to get a dyno tune done? since its hot as balls right now, i'm assuming having a dyno tune would be most beneficial early morning before it gets stupid hot? its getting close to 100 degrees out mid day... morning its low-mid 80's.

anyone have input regarding this?

JimIII@jdm

The PCM has learning adaptive ability, so its not going to matter all that much. The fueling should stay the same but the timing curve will alter based on Air temperature as it exits the blower. You will naturally make more power with cooler weather. This only brings up the question of if your making more power in cooler air is your car safe? Well if your on the edge of your injectors, fuel pump, or mass air flow range in Warm weather, then when in Cooler weather you may be beyond the limits of those components. That's why when dynoing the car it is important to datalog these components.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep as Jim mentioned a good tune will be safe in both extremes; if you're choosing, a tune in the coldest air would be best as that's when you would make the most power and need the tune safest.
I wouldn't worry about it with a good tuner.
-J

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
yea i found out it really doesn't matter either way... my only timeframe for getting what i need done is after 5pm... so temp is gonna be hot no matter what!

Users who are viewing this thread