Tuning question

VerbalKint

I'm not too familiar with the 5.0 world, did all my research and reading on the modular side of things. Anyway, I just picked up a 95 vert GT, and it has Accel 26lb/hr injectors, underdrive pulleys, MSD ignition, but no other engine mods. I'm getting pretty horrible mileage, 14mpg combined, and I think its running pretty rich.

Here are a couple questions:
What is stock injector size?
Would I see a benefit with a dyno tuning session without any other mods?
Would I want to do some other mods first, and then throw it on a dyno? I'm wondering if throttle body, intake, etc will help me take advantage of the larger injectors.

Sorry if these are noob questions, I'm slowly building up my 5.0 knowledge.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I'm not too familar with the old EECV (?) setups. IIRC 19#'s was stock, but hopefully someone will correct me on that one. The horrible gas mileage could be a combo of things and not just injector size.

Personally, if you can wait, I'd toss some more mods on it, then get it tuned. If it will be a while before $$$ will allow that, then I'd do that. I wonder if the old owner had FI or something for the inj. to be modded.

HOpefully someone familiar with 5.0 setups will chime in.

blownfox

Established Member
Is your MAF set up for the injectors? I have not heard of mustangs with 26#'s but 24#'s yes. 19# was correct for the stock injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread