tuning Q.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Forgive my stupidity, but I just wanted to make sure about this.

I am going with a new setup this year, and have finally got to make one hard pull on the street with it. At 5500 + rpms my wideband is reading 12.0-12.4...It this alright, or should I adjust it. Will I be able to adjust it fine enough with my sct xcal2 or should I just send a datalog to amazon and have them fine tune it?

Aside from that, is it normal for my gauge to be reading 14.1-15.5 while just cruising around at 2-4 rpms, with very little load?

Again, sorry for the stupidity, I know a little about tuning but I'm trying to learn, hence the questions.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Probably want a bit more fueld. From the research I have done you want to be about 11.5-11.9 AFR at WOT to be safe.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Datalog the car and send all your info to Rick.

Just out of curiousity, where is your bung for your wideband in relation to your cats?

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
At wot above 5500 your car is leaning out. What mods are already on the car? Have you added mods to the car since the handheld tune was made for the car? Has the car been to a dyno? if it has what kind of power does it make?

MikeW

Established Member
12.4 is too lean. You may not be able to adjust enough with the xcal. You need to data a/f along with maf counts, FPDC, and other things so Rick can see if your maf transfer needs adjusting or if it is another issue (eg FDPC).

Lynn posted up what to log just the other day.

get that a/f down to 11.7 -12.00 and enjoy :beer:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
last year the car dynoed over 600 at the wheels. It will make about 500 this year...i went back to an eaton setup and i'm eventually going to spray it. Everything will be datalogged and sent to rick the same as it was on the dyno.

My sensor is in my driver side rear o2 port on my o/r X pipe, per ricks instructions. I called him to verify where it would benefit the most, since he's been the only one to ever tune my car.

Guess all I need to do is figure out how to datalog that aem uego wb!

Users who are viewing this thread