Tuning products????

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
I am looking for a tuning product for my friends 03. I am looking for either a full standalone or something that comes very close to it. I would like to be able to have full control of all parameters, and some form of wideband, and data logging. If there is something out there that meets my description please let me know.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just what the doctor ordered!

vennom said:
I am looking for a tuning product for my friends 03. I am looking for either a full standalone or something that comes very close to it. I would like to be able to have full control of all parameters, and some form of wideband, and data logging. If there is something out there that meets my description please let me know.

Let me recommend the SCT Pro Racer Package.. This is basically the SCT Advantage Dealer Software that all of the major SCT Tuners around the country use. The software is awesome and the parameters are endless!

Check it out.. Let us know if you have any questions. Jared :beer:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...-tuning-package-now-includes-sct-x-cal-2.html

SCT-PROR_MED.jpg

http://www.sctflash.com/product_racer.php

MikeW

Established Member
I8URZ28 said:
I believe it is between 600-700$$

700 is in the ballpark but that does included the SCT Xcal2 best I remember. The PRP software alone is like $250 bucks or so.

PRP = Good stuff

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
thats not to bad, does anyone else use it or are most people here just getting tunes done by a shop?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we sell them frequently but the learning curve is a little high and you will need supported by your dealer...alot of people are not ready to deal with that so they just go with a tuner who can do the programming for them...if you have a good backround with programming or understanding the tech of the PRP you will be comfortable enough to use it..

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
The PRP in the hands of the wrong person could easily equal disaster! The tuning should be left to the experts....IMHO....

oldmodman

Established Member
sambandit said:
The PRP in the hands of the wrong person could easily equal disaster! The tuning should be left to the experts....IMHO....

+infinity

But if you do get the software, first buy a good tune from a reputable tuner.
That will put you in the "ballpark". Then you can make small, incrumental changes, one at a time. And of course you WILL be datalogging during a dyno or street run to see what affect the changes have, won't you?

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
will deff. be data logging. I have had much experence tuning on my brothers wrx with utec (piggyback/standalone). I have a very good tune on the car already from a very reputable shop in my area. Speeking of data logging, does the pro software have any provisions for such activities?

dun4791

Established Member
If you have a good tune and you just want to watch to make sure nothing changes. The LM-1 is good for A/F. Then get something like the AutoXray 4000 for monitoring some other sensors

MikeW

Established Member
vennom said:
will deff. be data logging. I have had much experence tuning on my brothers wrx with utec (piggyback/standalone). I have a very good tune on the car already from a very reputable shop in my area. Speeking of data logging, does the pro software have any provisions for such activities?

The Xcal2 is what i data log with. It with the SCT livelink and my dynojet wideband are what I use to get the data. The PRP is the software that will allow to re-write the tune if need be.

Check out sctflash.com if oyu want more information on the datalogging.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread