tuning in canada

dansvt

dansvt
Established Member
hi guys , i lives around montreal (quebec)and a search a tuner for my cobra 04 kb 2.2 i can move to your shop, i can go to US but not in texas too ,i have sct and diablo you have the choice, and i want do my drivetrain upgrade dss level 5 et carrier torson gear 4,10 and upgrade my fuel line with twin gt pump that what i want tell me where you are and i will choose thanks you !

04 TR-ME-NA-TOR

Established Member
dansvt said:
hi guys , i lives around montreal (quebec)and a search a tuner for my cobra 04 kb 2.2 i can move to your shop, i can go to US but not in texas too ,i have sct and diablo you have the choice, and i want do my drivetrain upgrade dss level 5 et carrier torson gear 4,10 and upgrade my fuel line with twin gt pump that what i want tell me where you are and i will choose thanks you !
HI I AM FROM NB CANADA AND DID A LOT OF SEARCH FOR THAT ALSO, THE ONE I FOUND IS FROM ONTARIO makoracing.com HE HAS A PORTABLE DYNO CHECK IS SITE HE SEEMS REALY GOOD AND IF I AM NOT MISTAKING HE IS GOING TO HAVE A FACILITY IN MONTREAL SOON.

Titter

Established Member
You might also want to check out Toronto. A place called DaSilva Racing. Or the Mustang toy store. They only work on mustangs and they do custom tunes as well. Thats where i'm taking mine. www.mustangtoystore.com

batfat

Established Member
DaSilva Racing for sure. Joe DaSilva is a Pro 5 drag racer. He has done all the work on my open track '03 Cobra. 4 hoists and good guys. 416-847-1500

Tman

Established Member
One thing you might want to stay away is 4.10s though. I used them at 17psi on my 2.2 and pretty much took them out after about 2 months since traction was pretty much gone in first and second. Mind you I never ran slicks but still a bit too much gear especially for the city driving. When I only had the 2.8 pulley on the stock blower is was awesome but once I switched to kb the fun was over. Now Im running 21psi and cant even imagine waht the 4.10s would be like,hehe. Good luck on finding a good tuner and let me know how the 4.10s are working for ya!:beer:

dansvt

dansvt
Established Member
i'm always run on ET street radial mickey tompson on my last mustang gt 03 with kb1.7 a put 3,90 and my friends 4,10 and i prefer the feeling of 4,10 and the time slip is better too.

04torchred

Established Member
dansvt said:
i'm always run on ET street radial mickey tompson on my last mustang gt 03 with kb1.7 a put 3,90 and my friends 4,10 and i prefer the feeling of 4,10 and the time slip is better too.

4.10's might be too much unless you plan to run a 28" tire all the time. It is a lot of gear for a 2.2KB on the street. If you plan to run much over 20psi I would seriously think twice, you will not hook in 1st or 2nd. I would dyno it first, drive it around a bit and see how you like the 2.2 with the stock 3.55's. If you aren't happy then switch.

For tuners I use Horsepower by Hermann and datalog/talk with him. My car runs well and I am very happy with his tuning. Lots of good guys from the states that will tune your car very well.

Users who are viewing this thread