tuning for mach 1!

mach504

Established Member
So basically has anyone tuned their mach 1 ( hand held tuners only) and whats The best tuner to use SCT or the predator... what kind of gains would I see with a off road x pipe magnaflow exhaust... an last thing does the mach come with a cai because it has a k&n filter on it

sdg97232

Established Member
You're not going to gain much power with just a "canned" tune from a handheld BUT they are extremely useful tools. You can read codes, tune your speedo for tire size changes, adjust high and low speed fans, adjust shift points (if auto) they do many other functions then just tuning for power. I would suggest to find a tuner near you and find out what handheld (softwear) he uses or would suggest, then he can load a custom tune (dyno) to your car through the handheld. The k@n in your car is aftermarket the Machs came with good-ol paper filters from ford.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
You're not going to gain much power with just a "canned" tune from a handheld BUT they are extremely useful tools. You can read codes, tune your speedo for tire size changes, adjust high and low speed fans, adjust shift points (if auto) they do many other functions then just tuning for power. I would suggest to find a tuner near you and find out what handheld (softwear) he uses or would suggest, then he can load a custom tune (dyno) to your car through the handheld. The k@n in your car is aftermarket the Machs came with good-ol paper filters from ford.

+2 prettymuch hit the nail on the head. Op don't expect to make leaps and gains of power but you will notice a difference.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I had the K&N FIPK, intake spacer and catback, a dyno tune was worth a little over 10hp. The canned diablo tune was only around 3hp lol

sdg97232

Established Member
I'm using Eric brooks to tune my turbo 03 cobra......Eric is top notch and knows his stuff! A few weeks ago I took my mach to the track and it was running horrible times (8.2's) car is easily a 7.70's car n/a. Eric comes up to me and says "I hear your car pulling timing" I said hear it lol.......the next run we datalogged and he was spot on the knock sencers were pulling 14* of timing! I said man you are amazing to just hear the car going down the track and know its pulling timing is just crazy! He will be doing all my tuning from here on.

Link to his site.

http://www.brooksspeed.com/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread