Tuning/CAI options for 03 Aviator?

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I've searched Google to no avail. I'm buying an Aviator(awd model) on my next day off, I test drove it for about 40 miles and love everything about it except for the sloppy shifting when under heavy acceleration. Plus I only averaged about 12mpg on the test drive, granted I was pushing it pretty hard. I figured it would be a nice daily beater.

I'm not looking to make a racecar out of it, just want sharpen the throttle response/shifting, and possibly get a few more miles to a gallon. I figured a good CAI/tune would get the ball rolling towards what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.:beer:

01bluesnake

Established Member
I'm on my 2nd aviator, first one had a Magnaflow catback, thrid cat delete, and K&N filter with the box snout inlet removed. The truck had noticeable improvement in MPG on the highway. The one im on now, i actually installed a Steeda 03/04 cobra intake on it. I have a PRP for my SCT but have yet to buy a second handheld so i can program the truck. I've been planning to do a few mods to it, just keep dumping money into my '12 lol. My first one was an '05 but got traded in when i picked up my cobra in '09. I missed it so much i decided to buy another one. Finding one in good condition, with options and low miles was hard so settled on my '04 that had 60K a few years ago.

Here's my '04 when i picked it up from the dealer

04aviator1.jpg

Here's the '05

truck1.jpg

Last edited:

1999riocobra

Established Member
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I picked up an 05 awd aviator with 67k, looking to get a tuner for it, any one sell one off the shelf that I can buy, also a cold air intake setup??

Users who are viewing this thread