Tuning by Chris Johnson from SCT here in Dallas

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I have never heard a bad story about this guy, I sure hope I can get him out to Dallas or at least some where in Texas very soon.

Bobrammer

Established Member
I was planning to have Monty Johnson at JMS burn me a tune on a SCT Flasher. Should I wait?

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by Bobrammer
I was planning to have Monty Johnson at JMS burn me a tune on a SCT Flasher. Should I wait?

I think we will need around 7 to 8 cars for this to happen. I know of at least 12 people that want this to happen. I just need to make sure they are still on board with it.

I would always go for the custom tune. :beer:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
How much money are we talking about per car? Depending on how much and when, I can possibly be in for 2 cars...

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I don't have the numbers as of yet, I'm still waiting on a call back. I will post them as soon as I talk to him.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
When I asked Chris to come to big D about 16 months ago we worked it like this:

$310 for the Autologic Chip (this is before SCT days) + $175 for his time tuning + $60/hour for the dyno, pro-rated to the quarter hour. He required 8 cars there, 9 max since he takes his time and absolutely does not rush things. You have to find a dyno willing to stay late (and make money) so that he could deal w/ the inevitable problematic tunes/cars. He really stressed that he wouldn't do cars or combo's that weren't sorted: no cars with vacuum leaks, people installing FMU's in the parking lot etc.. cars had to not be wasting time on the dyno with mechanical bugs. This makes it fair for everyone, trust me. Whoever sets this up really needs to play bad cop on that one.

He even offered that if someone had a chip and he couldn't get them an improvement, they didn't have to buy the chip and they only had to pay half of his $175 tuning fee. To make the trip worthwhile, there had to be at least 5 of the 8 cars doing a full boat new chip + tune. Reburns of his own chips were half the $310 chip fee + the $175 tuning fee.

BTW: count me in as one of the reburns since I own the SCT Custom Pro Racer Software.

Jerry

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Sounds like a good deal to me, hopefully we can get enough people together to do this. :beer:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
tune

Hey Chris, count me in for sure. I'm running a SCT flash tuner on mine and I believe theres more power in my car in the hands of a good tuner. Hopefully it will be before the summer hits cause I'm thinking of going to Murillo's also for a dyno tune. I think they only do Diablo there so getting Chris from SCT down here would be sweet. Keep me informed
:beer:
Scott

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Re: tune

Originally posted by VENOMOUS 10TH
Hey Chris, count me in for sure. I'm running a SCT flash tuner on mine and I believe theres more power in my car in the hands of a good tuner. Hopefully it will be before the summer hits cause I'm thinking of going to Murillo's also for a dyno tune. I think they only do Diablo there so getting Chris from SCT down here would be sweet. Keep me informed
:beer:
Scott

Scott i'm hoping to get him here in May, if not i'll be going with you to Murillo's place. :beer:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
SaleenCobra:

Count me in for at least one car, but I need to know a little more detail on the pricing structure before I sign up to do both my cars... Please let me know what you find out...

Also... Can we rent the dyno for the whole day and split the cost between the people tuning? I used to rent a dyno facility in South Carolina for $600 for the whole day and it used to be paid off between the 6-7 people tuning... How about that?

Last edited:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Chris called while I was in class and said he would be in Houston for FFW on the 12th of May. I called him back to find out if he can come up here afterwards.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
chris johnson

We need to get him down here. I think that would be a better idea to rent a dyno for a day instead of hourly which would be very costly for some. I know my tune is low on power and I need more:cuss: Hopefully we can get him down here. If not we can always go to Murillo's:rockon: Keep us informed Chris and let me know if you plan to go to Murillo's cause I would be down for the trip:beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
Chris called while I was in class and said he would be in Houston for FFW on the 12th of May. I called him back to find out if he can come up here afterwards.
FFW Houston is this weekend. :??:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
He mentioned FFW in Houston and the 12th on my voicemail, maybe he got the dates mixed up?

Anyway he is going to be here tuesday and wednesday over at Lone Star Perfomance here in Dallas to do training on the new SCT software. He said for me to give him a call monday morning and to let him know how many of us could make it those days.

He also said that he would be willing to schedule a later date.

I didn't have time to get info on pricing due to him calling in the middle of a certification exam.

I'll post pricing monday morning.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
chris J

Mark me down! I will be there. Are u talking about next tuesday and wednesday. If so, I'll have to let my boss know ahead of time that I'm going. Find out what the costs are going to be. Do you think you could pm me his number so I could ask him some specifics on my car and tune if you don't mind. Keep us posted.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread