Tuners in New Mexico?

Lobo

Established Member
Howdy folks,

since I'd like to get a pulley and chip combo installed, I wonder if there's a reliable tuner in New Mexico who could do it. I really don't want to do it myself and mess up the snout and stuff.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Lobo

Lobo

Established Member
Originally posted by Balloonmeister
Lobo,

What part of NM are you from? I'm in ABQ and have a '03 vert supposedly to be built the week of 9/9.

Hey Balloonmeister,

I'm not from NM actually (thank God :-D), but I happen to live in Alamogordo, about 80 miles north of El Paso, TX.

Now you wouldn't by any chance happen to know a good pulley installer in the greater ABQ area, would you? :)

Lobo

PS: Congrats on the purchase, you're gonna love that thing! :D

sapper

Established Member
We few may be the only ones in NM that are getting 03's and interested in moding them. It may be hard to find shops that know the car, but you will have a rare rod on the road.
Lobo, Why don't you ask about TX. I'm sure there are some shops there and you will have to travel to get to one anyways.

You could try calling some dealers and asking for references or checking with some of the after market hot rod stores. Yearwood speed and custom my have some good leads @ 505-293-9190.

Balloonmeister

Established Member
Sapper,

Did you buy your '03 from an ABQ dealer? I checked back in Feb and they both wanted $4K over MSRP so I ended up buying from a dealer near Amarillo at MSRP and will have the car dropped shipped to Bob Turner. So far seems to working out well. Car is supposed to be built the week of 9/9. I'm getting a sonic blue vert.

I am looking for someone in ABQ who could do a Bassini exhaust system for me though.

Balloonmeister

Established Member
I found the following shop in ABQ which said they had recently installed a Bassini exhaust sytem on an '03:

DYNO EDGE
315 JUAN TABO BLVD NE # D
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
(505)299-3313

POC is Terry. I know absolutely nothing about them or if they have done any other type of work, but it's a start.

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Originally posted by sapper
We few may be the only ones in NM that are getting 03's and interested in moding them. It may be hard to find shops that know the car, but you will have a rare rod on the road.
Lobo, Why don't you ask about TX. I'm sure there are some shops there and you will have to travel to get to one anyways.

You could try calling some dealers and asking for references or checking with some of the after market hot rod stores. Yearwood speed and custom my have some good leads @ 505-293-9190.

Hey, I live in el paso and I have the 01 and my friend has the 03 sonic blue. We are the only ones in town with the same kind (year) of cobras respectively. I can tell you there are no reputable shops here for v-8's. It almost all ricer here.

shetheri

Established Member
Try Urist Racing and Development in Albuquerque, (505) 880-9729. He's got a very competitive NMRA Outlaw car, so I am sure he can handle a street car.

sapper

Established Member
I am one of the lucky few:rolleyes: That had a build date of 7/29. I was told on 8/9 that the car was checked and cleared for rail transport. As of last friday the car was still waiting for transport:fm:
I am going to AZ to get mine. The dealers here are out of hand with 4k over.

Lobo

Established Member
Originally posted by RO COBRA

Hey, I live in el paso and I have the 01 and my friend has the 03 sonic blue. We are the only ones in town with the same kind (year) of cobras respectively. I can tell you there are no reputable shops here for v-8's. It almost all ricer here.

Wow, that sucks...

Guess we'd have to meet up one day though. :)

Lobo

PS: Thanks for the tips everybody, I'll check them out!

Lobo

Established Member
Originally posted by sapper
I am one of the lucky few:rolleyes: That had a build date of 7/29. I was told on 8/9 that the car was checked and cleared for rail transport. As of last friday the car was still waiting for transport:fm:
I am going to AZ to get mine. The dealers here are out of hand with 4k over.

I got the runaround, too... was pretty pissed.

Other than that, I suggest Smith Ford Mercury in Slaton, TX.
They sell at MSRP, no discussions.

Lobo

Users who are viewing this thread