tuners and jlt rai

r.berry23

Established Member
hey i installed the rai today and the smaller plug doesnt have anywhere to plug in and their is a hole with nothing to plug in along with my check engine light being on wondering why?
Also was wondering if buying a tuner at like a kragens or napa and downloading the tune would be that big of a difference from a like diablosport tuner i just have exhaust and the intake nothing major im 19 and just making the payments haha but i am installing a 2.8 inch pulley and wanted to know what i should do with the tuner

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
what smaller plug? the one of the bottom?

Sounds to me like you didn't install it correctly. If you clock your MAF correctly (the original place it was before you installed), your tune shouldn't matter.

Get an SCT, holds more tunes... more tuners tend to use it.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
hey i installed the rai today and the smaller plug doesnt have anywhere to plug in and their is a hole with nothing to plug in along with my check engine light being on wondering why?
Also was wondering if buying a tuner at like a kragens or napa and downloading the tune would be that big of a difference from a like diablosport tuner i just have exhaust and the intake nothing major im 19 and just making the payments haha but i am installing a 2.8 inch pulley and wanted to know what i should do with the tuner

I have a the JLT RAI. Sounds like it is installed incorrectly. If you PM me I can walk you through what goes where.

I would highly suggest one of the X Cal tuners. The tune is something you do not want to skimp on.

Mike

SVT_4_me

Established Member
it sounds like you forgot to put the IAT sensor back in... i wouldn't drive it with that open hole in the intake tube. you don't want to bring in all that unmetered air... that's probably why the check engine light is on.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
and for the tune you should really get a custom tune or at the very least a mail order tune for the 2.8 pulley...

r.berry23

Established Member
i didn't plug it in because it didn't fit anywhere do i have to take something from the old intake ? i took off the rubber piece off yhe hose in the back and connected that also yhe yhunk hose to the right and the larger maf plug thatS it . sorry i don't know tech names

SVT_4_me

Established Member
you need to take the intake temp sensor from the stock intake and push it into the empty hole in the new RAI tube. there should be a rubber grommet in the hole...

then obviously you need to plug in the electrical connection.

Users who are viewing this thread