Tuner suggestions

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
I've been at a cross roads back and forth for a few weeks on which tuner i should go with and all i hear is good news from both sides. But its hard to choose. So I'm finally getting my SCT X4 back this week and im getting ready to pull the trigger on a Tune. Car is currently on a Dyno tune (tuner will remain unnamed) HP tuner Flashed. Driveability is crap and it seems like its running rich. Also went to the track and the car feels MUCH slower than it did a year ago. Ive been on the ACMR page on Facebook and browsing up and down SVTP for the better part of a month and ive brought it down to Lund Racing Email tune VS AED Email tune. Now personally Ive spoken to Shaun a few times, and Ive been in contact with several of the Lund guys being that im here in SFL. And to be honest it felt the same when talking to either of them. I felt respected and they gave me tons of insight and ideas for the future of my Coyote.

So i guess im making this thread to get more knowledge from you guys.

AED or Lund

Pros and Cons

Car is Bolt on NA now will be E85 and Nitrous soon

I appreciate all the help!

helloWorld

Established Member
Both options are good. Both tuners also have flex fuel options available.

My vote is for AED though, as I currently use him for tuning.

Facepuke

Established Member
I started with a Lund tune and went to AED. Shaun has much better customer service and I enjoy his tune much better as well. I'm in a Paxton a6 car

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
AED tuned here.

OP - Search around. You will find threads of Sales Reps here pushing for Lund, members pushing for AED, Rousch, Lito, Bama, etc.

Really depends on what you want.

Knowledge of Coyote cars: Shaun (He owned one, ran 10's N/A, etc.)
Customer Service: Shaun (One man show, doesn't have "trained" reps sending out tunes and Shaun is more 1:eek:n:1 focused)
Price: Lund is cheaper

My opinions above.

Myusername

Established Member
When I was looking for a tune I emailed AED, steeda, and Lund. Shaun got back to me within a few hours, steeda got back in a week and a half and Lund was a couple days. In the couple days it took to hear back from Lund I already had datalogged and gotten final tune from Shaun. I email him and ask a lot of questions, some he probably hears 4 times a day and he is always nice to deal with. My coworker has Lund and he loves his tho. I have AED and that's what gets my vote. Great drivability and performance.

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
Im really liking these replies, not sure if people feel different when they are on facebook, but wow. Ill make my final decision once i get my SCT tuner back.

Myusername

Established Member
I don't have a Facebook, but for me it was most likely gonna be AED or Lund. I'm the kinda guy who don't like to wait so I went with the first that responded to me. Very happy I did.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I've had 5 different tuners. Real happy with Lund and his and customer service. Either one listed is fine. Don't make it such a "big" decision OP. :)

4VFTW

Established Member
OP , Ken Bjonnes was one of Lund's tuners up until this last week, I believe he is freelance now but he is local to you working out of Power by the Hour in Boynton Beach. he is an excellent tuner and easy to talk to. maybe consider looking him up on Facebook and giving him a call.

11redGT/CS

Established Member
I went with Lund when I installed my Paxton had a bbr tune prior to that I was going to get a dyno tune from aed but got nothing but negative feed back from Shaun when I told him I was going Paxton this turned me away from him and yes Lund has people working for him on tunes but I have no complaints..

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
OP , Ken Bjonnes was one of Lund's tuners up until this last week, I believe he is freelance now but he is local to you working out of Power by the Hour in Boynton Beach. he is an excellent tuner and easy to talk to. maybe consider looking him up on Facebook and giving him a call.

Im friends with him on Facebook, but haven't received a call back or response to my message. I figured he had alot of stuff going on so wasnt going to press too much on it. But im not too Interested in going to PBH 600 for a Dyno tune seems a bit excessive. On their site they say 450 but over the phone 600... Factoring in driving all the way up there and back makes it seem less and less like it is a good choice. Wouldnt mind a 600 dyno tune if it was an HP tune straight flash. But for an SCT device? not worth it. In my opinion.

4VFTW

Established Member
Im friends with him on Facebook, but haven't received a call back or response to my message. I figured he had alot of stuff going on so wasnt going to press too much on it. But im not too Interested in going to PBH 600 for a Dyno tune seems a bit excessive. On their site they say 450 but over the phone 600... Factoring in driving all the way up there and back makes it seem less and less like it is a good choice. Wouldnt mind a 600 dyno tune if it was an HP tune straight flash. But for an SCT device? not worth it. In my opinion.

actually this looks like his new gig. http://www.pbdyno.com/home.html not sure if pricing structure has changed

you certainly don't "need" a dyno tune for bolt-ons , but I have no idea how Ken handles email tuning, although he did it for Lund

Last edited:

Holovacko

Established Member
If you're in FLA, I'd get a Dyno tune from Ken. $600 is the going rate from the other top shops. You get what you pay for. Dyno tune not absolutely needed, but the 1st N/A car that out runs you....you'll be 2nd guessing the e-mail tune.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Another vote for AED. Shaun customer service is top notch and his tune is spot on. You won't be disappointed. You can really feel how smooth his tune is when you're just cruising but when you put your foot in it, its a total beast.

scott_0

Established Member
AED, can't go wrong with Shaun's customer support, and he's the only one doing your tune.........

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I love these type of threads, because they really put what customers want and value into perspective.

You are in good hands with AED or Lund. I would hate to detract business from either one of these fine entrepreneurs.

However, I am biased towards AED. Shaun's marketing (check out the youtube videos) and focus on the customer seems to be the best in the business. Also, he is willing to share a fountain of his personal research within this forum, which is amazing to say the least.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread