Tuner Question

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
Can the aftermarket tuners, Shaun and Lund for example, add some decent backfire pops to the exhaust when coasting down in gear???

Will cat delete pipes add some pop by themselves??

Chaney5.0

enhanced-buzz-31275-1334935481-0_zps1b037a98.jpg

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
He just needs to amp up the backfire parameters.

Kidding aside, if you do an offroad mid pipe, you'll definitely get some nice backfire with the custom tune. Just the nature of the beast.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone request it though lol.

Been riding motorcycles for a while, after I put on an offroad exhaust and dyno tune that thing would blow 8" flames if I was going fast enough and a low enough gear. Sometimes it's just fun to scare people :banana:

Chaney5.0

Been riding motorcycles for a while, after I put on an offroad exhaust and dyno tune that thing would blow 8" flames if I was going fast enough and a low enough gear. Sometimes it's just fun to scare people :banana:

Little different world though, you have a lot less pipe and a lot more motor with some motorcycles.

My old mans 79 shovel head will do it all day long under cold starts and hard summer riding. Then again it is FAR from stock, and is more of a rat bike than an original HD. Not to mention it has over 200k miles on it LOL.

DSCN01681.jpg

Terminator2

Established Member
Can the aftermarket tuners, Shaun and Lund for example, add some decent backfire pops to the exhaust when coasting down in gear???

Will cat delete pipes add some pop by themselves??

Disable the decel fuel injector cutoff through tuning and it will pop more especially if you run catless. Basically the injectors are still dumping in fuel into the hot exhaust which then combusts which gives the pops and flames I personally hate the popping so I left mine on.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
I had a Lethal Offroad X with a Bama tune... no pop.

The same X with an AED tune made the pop, caught me off guard when I first heard it... love it now... like someone else said, first I've heard of someone asking for it.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone request it though lol.

first I've heard of someone asking for it.

I guess if I'm going to be anti green by taking my cats off, I might as well be anti social too.

I'm just going to go the traditional route first, cat delete pipes and a MRT Boss mid pipe with an aftermarket tune. I don't want flames blowing out my side pipes melting the plastic body work.

Thanks for the help guys....

BTW, I was serious about someone explaining that Bin Laden kid. WTF does goats being like mushrooms and shooting ducks and a toaster phobia mean???? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread