Tuner opinions

kustom_efekt

Established Member
I've got an 11 m6 5.0 that is essentially stock at the moment(gt500 mufflers). I'm wanting to go ahead and install a tune and o/r x. I'm still new to the coyote world and am looking for some opinions.

This car is a daily driver, so good drivability is a must. I'm looking for some added power without any side effects. For the time being I'm sticking with just exhaust mainly because I'm not 100% sure with the direction I want to take the car.

So.... I'm looking between brenspeed & bama for their "custom tune" sct x3 deals for $379. Between the two, who does a better job on the 5.0 as far as power gains vs reliability?

The intune is also a possibility, but I'm not sure I want to go this route due to a lack of tuners on the platform. Not to mention that it's $550 for jpc custom tune, and at that price point I could have the car dyno tuned at pro dyno.

Anyways, I'm just looking for a few opinions.

WildOne12

Established Member
The intune is also a possibility, but I'm not sure I want to go this route due to a lack of tuners on the platform. Not to mention that it's $550 for jpc custom tune, and at that price point I could have the car dyno tuned at pro dyno.

The JPC Package price is $550 that includes the Intune & JPC Custom tune.That's what I'm going with for my car, they did tell me any Dyno time is an extra charge.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Lund, AED, Bama, JPC, VMP. These are the bigger names on the forums in terms if quantity and quality.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SirJAG

Established Member
AED. Really. Just call and talk to the guy after 10 minutes I'm sure you'll be 100% sold.

04nccobra

Established Member
I'm curious what are the expected gains with one of the above tunes say AED or Steeda on a otherwise stock vehicle?

busarich

Established Member
I had a NA AED tune and once the weather is nice enough i will have a tune for the paxton. I really like his customer service.

stang8psi

Established Member
Brenspeeds are good! and so are BBR! with the BBR tune, off road x pipe, axle back and Roush no tune intake I put down 418 SAE rwhp, and with Brenspeed I put down 410 SAE rwhp. Same Dyno, same day, same conditions!

jayman33

I've also used other tunes as well, brenspeeds N/A tunes are really good. I've used others as well, its all about how they treat you in the end that helps me choose. Lunds customer has really stepped up now with his site and brenspeeds customer service is always great.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
There are going to be fan boys for any of the big name tuners, and you really can't go wrong with any of them, but it was Shaun's customer service that won me over. Plus I gained almost 3 cars with headers and tune.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
BBR tune works great, AND the customer service is really good! talk to steve! i have had a manual 2011 tune from them and a auto 12 tune both ROCK!

NOT backed up with buttometer but TIMESLIPS!!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I sell tunes for Lund racing, whether you get it from me or someone else, Jon is the best out there.

Just about every top car is either tuned directly, or indirectly through lund.

Most tuners, even the big name ones go to Jon for help when they are stumped as well.

Dan12GT

Established Member
I too am on this fence and not sure where to go. I am ready for more power!! I love the fact Bama warrenty's their tunes. That part very well may be the deciding factor when I finally decide to do a tune.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
If customer service is important to you. And you want a tuner that will take time to talk to you. And spend time data logging while dialing in the tune for your car. (not a canned tune) A tune made by the tuner himself not a colleague.
Your looking for Shaun at AED

NOT backed up with buttometer but TIMESLIPS!!
No butt meter here, Hows this time slip, 7.5 psi AED TVS tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread