Tuner/Mechanic in Colorado Area?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
My ride is currently getting work done in VA at Troyer's shop but because the rear end needed to be completely rebuilt they ran out of time and couldn't install my return fuel system, bigger MAF and do a tune so I need someone who can do this well. I don't mind paying big money if the job is done right the first time and I also don't mind driving a few hrs if someone better is out there. Hands down Troyer is the best Ford tuner in VA so I'm looking for a person in CO like that. 2 weeks until we arrive at Colorado Springs and start looking for the work so thanks for any info!

Dans02gt

Established Member
Hey man, sorry i just saw this thread. Scott at P&P performance is a great tuner and builder. Let me know i can pm u his number. Check out ColoradoStangs, Colorado's #1 Mustang Forum he has worked on a lot of peoples cars and it should have some more info on him. He personally tuned my car and he did a great job. Hope this helps out some.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
thanks, yeah I belong to that forum too. Only problem with the tuners in this area is that none of them use SCT only Diablo. I took my ride to evolutions performance here and they did a good job on the small work I wanted and I asked him why only Diablo. He said it's cheaper for the software. I don't pay all this money to have mods done CORRECTLY to have a cheaper tuner for my vehicles computer, lol. Thanks but I'll stick with SCT, there's a reason some of the best tuners in the country use them, Mike Troyer and Jon Lund just to name a couple.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Been getting my stuff done at Revolutions Performance here in the Springs. The changed out my clutch quadrant and put in a OEM cable and turned out really nice. April 15th we will see how their tuning is. Only thing was I had to buy a Diablo programmer so the SCT will be leaving us soon. Pricey but they are doing okay so far...

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
How's progress going? I thought Rev Perf did mostly import stuff?

Progress is really good. Putting a Maximum Motorsports quadrant and OEM clutch cable (which MM recommends as the best) made a world of difference. Tune got done last week and no more excessive bucking between 1700-2300rpm, she still died every once in awhile while engaging the clutch but with the help from RP I raised the drive and neutral rpm idle and she hasn't done it since. I'm actually picking it up today cause she wouldn't start yesterday morning, I could hear the plugs crackling but no starting. I had it towed ($100) and RP said it started right up for them but they kept it a few hrs anyway and upped the spark and said it started 6 times in a row for them so hopefully it starts for me. Other than the starting issue she runs 100% and I only lost 60rwhp from 100ft above sea level in VA to 6K feet in CO all while using 91 instead of 93...

Most of the guys do import stuff since they own them but there is a resident Mustang guy there. On their website they also have a few pics of a fox body that hit 1000rwhp so that was comforting. It's the only place I will be going from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread