Tuner in Missouri?-Saint Louis

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Hey SVT members, I was curious who is a good tuner in or near Saint Louis Missouri? What shop or what guy/girl can I contact? Thanks for all your help in advance.

The ones I've heard of are Bob (Bobcat) in park hills/bonne terre, also heard about Pure Performance on highway 94 in Saint Charles, as well as Imperial Automotive in Imperial Missouri.

I would like to get my 03 Cobra tuned.

Last edited:

baja5bss

Established Member
Stay away from pur performance,half the people there dont know what they are talking about.I was in the store a while back looking to buy 02 extensions for my lightning and overheard a employee telling a customer that the tune on his new camaro(from them) wasnt the reason why it would run erratic,however it ran perfect before he got it tuned there.I would recommend checking out steig,they are off of first capitol,not very far from pur performance.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Steiggy didn't seem to care much to be into it. Bob said his brother tunes but I ended up going to Pur performance, so far it has been good. I mean nothing amazing but no problems. I'm going back this week, I will let you know about the results. Hopefully I don't forget about this thread

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
Stay away from pur performance,half the people there dont know what they are talking about.I was in the store a while back looking to buy 02 extensions for my lightning and overheard a employee telling a customer that the tune on his new camaro(from them) wasnt the reason why it would run erratic,however it ran perfect before he got it tuned there.I would recommend checking out steig,they are off of first capitol,not very far from pur performance.

Care to explain this a little more? Was this new camaro owner a friend of yours? Did you personally know him?

I've done TONS of business with the tuner at Pur-Performance, and he is also a great friend. He has tuned my car, and tuned TONS AND TONS AND TONS of other cars, many of whom are people I know around the STL area. He does very very good work, and can back it up with results. That is one place I'd leave my car for a time being without even worrying about it. They also did a few tunes on other cars for my old man, which run flawless as well.

I'd recommend anyone looking at this thread, to take their car to Pur-Performance. You will get an awesome tune, and great work done to your car. In a very reasonable amount of time. He normally stays late at the shop to, to finish things up for customers.

:beer:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Steiggy didn't seem to care much to be into it. Bob said his brother tunes but I ended up going to Pur performance, so far it has been good. I mean nothing amazing but no problems. I'm going back this week, I will let you know about the results. Hopefully I don't forget about this thread

So what was the out come? How is the car running?

Snake Plissken

Established Member

Just wondering, did you have your lightning tuned by Steig.?

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Funny thing about tuning is ask a 1/2 dozen people and you'll get a 1/2 dozen different recommends...LOL! Go on the local Mustang web sites and you could almost start a war with that topic..LOL! There will always be somebody that took their car to a particular shop and they swear that shop F-UPED their car, then someone else posts and says they did a GREAT job on my car...LOL! ...:shrug:

My Cobra is still running on the same tune from the previous owner (out of state) But that may change next year I might pick-up a Whipple 2.9 or if I decide to rip into the motor a 3.4, might trailer her out of state for the tune, not sure.

Oh BTW, been think'n about starting a local Terminator club (st. louis, southern ill.) Meet a few times in the summer at different places. Maybe even talk some of those guys that aren't street legal any more to trailer their car to show. Why not?....the GT-500 Super Snake guys have one...Hell, we can put down as much power!.....LOL!

Good luck with your tune.~Mark

Last edited:

OW03COBRA

Established Member
Hey Mark I'm in St Louis and have been looking for a local club as well!! My close friend and coworker also has an 04 cobra so if you do start that terminator club definitely let me know!

black-plasma

Established Member
+1 for a Terminator club. I am from MO but moved to MD after college and was lucky to be a part of the MACA club. They are now up to over 300 members. Gotta start somewhere... I'm now back in MO and rarely drive by 03 since there is never anything going on.

Bisquick

FYMFF!
Established Member
+1 for a Terminator club. I am from MO but moved to MD after college and was lucky to be a part of the MACA club. They are now up to over 300 members. Gotta start somewhere... I'm now back in MO and rarely drive by 03 since there is never anything going on.

A local Terminator Club would be fun. STL-Mustangs.com seems to have a decent amount of members that are active.

PUR Performance tuned my car. Nothing but GOOD things to say about them. :rockon:

Willy Mo

Beat EM' With A Stick
Established Member
I had my car tuned at pur, and Ben did a great job, will be going back in teh next week or so for a new tune with the new mods.. I would reccomend anyone to Pur. Not saying others are bad but Ive been to a couple tuners in the stl area and had teh best experience with Ben and Pur.

Users who are viewing this thread