Tuner in Concord, CA

KingCobra04

SVT Freak
Established Member
Anyone had any experience with BRGRacing in Concord, CA. I have a tune set up in 2 weeks. Just wanted to know any good or bad.
Thanks

Dans03C

Established Member
Iam interested whrere they are located, do u have a phone # .Its hard to find a good shop in the Bay Area, Bad experience with Apex Motorsports. They are one of the worse shops around. Let me know on your results.

Blk04Svt

Established Member
I live in Concord, and I've used BRG before. The only thing they managed to do was smoke my clutch. They didn't know how to use the equipment. Granted this was like 2 years ago, so things may be different. But it was an image I couldn't shake. I would never go there again. I drove to Orange County, and had Umberto @ GRC tune and dyno my old car. Great guy and a really good tuner.

-------------------------------

2004 Cobra
Steeda CAI
Steeda Cat-back
Superchips Micro Tuner (awesome)

2002 Blown GT (sold)

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
KingCobra04 said:
Anyone had any experience with BRGRacing in Concord, CA. I have a tune set up in 2 weeks. Just wanted to know any good or bad.
Thanks

STAY AWAY from BRG. :burn: They almost burned up my 01 Lightning. Got it so fricking hot the headers melted my inner fenderwells. :bash:

BAD NEWS! :cuss:

MTI LS1

LIGHTNING LARRY said:
STAY AWAY from BRG. :burn: They almost burned up my 01 Lightning. Got it so fricking hot the headers melted my inner fenderwells. :bash:

BAD NEWS! :cuss:

I'd cancel that appointment.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Dans03C said:
Iam interested whrere they are located, do u have a phone # .Its hard to find a good shop in the Bay Area, Bad experience with Apex Motorsports. They are one of the worse shops around. Let me know on your results.

Dan,

I believe the experience you had with Apex was in 2004.... way before I took over the shop in Feb 2005. We have made many improvements to the shop and staff since I have purchased it. I have PM'd you my cellphone and want to see if I can make it up to you... even though your experience happened before my ownership.

It's really unfortunate the bad press from the previous owners of Apex still haunts us. We do make mistakes BUT I can honestly tell you we make EVERY effort to correct our mistakes to the customers satisfaction.

Last edited:

dynoguy

Established Member
just curious as to why my post was deleted? There was no profanity, drama or solicitation. We can be flamed but not post a genuine attempt to rectify?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
dynoguy said:
just curious as to why my post was deleted? There was no profanity, drama or solicitation. We can be flamed but not post a genuine attempt to rectify?

Check your PMs.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99723

9. The SVTPerformance staff reserves the right to edit or delete any post/thread we deem necessary.

10. If you disagree with the actions of the SVTPerformance Staff, express your concerns privately. We are always willing to listen

dynoguy

Established Member
Hey Dan,

Just wanted to let you know that I have heard good things about Apex on many sites and from a few people I know. Keep up the good work.

Chris

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
dynoguy said:
Hey Dan,

Just wanted to let you know that I have heard good things about Apex on many sites and from a few people I know. Keep up the good work.

Chris

Thanks ALOT! I appreciate the props! :thumbsup:

Mike Mak
Norcal SVTOA-President
NorcalSVTOA.com

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
apexmotorsports said:
Dan,

I believe the experience you had with Apex was in 2004.... way before I took over the shop in Feb 2005. We have made many improvements to the shop and staff since I have purchased it. I have PM'd you my cellphone and want to see if I can make it up to you... even though your experience happened before my ownership.

It's really unfortunate the bad press from the previous owners of Apex still haunts us. We do make mistakes BUT I can honestly tell you we make EVERY effort to correct our mistakes to the customers satisfaction.

It was before. However his beef was with a couple of the employee's who worked there at the time. If they're no longer there then, I'm sure there's no problem with Apex any longer. :thumbsup:

Dans03C said:
Hopefully he can rebuild there reputaion. As far as i know Mario and Ed are the hold overs, both a big part of the problem i had at apex. I wish the new owner the best of luck.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180617

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have had the shop for a little over a year and we have had a very high level of customer satisfaction. If a customer is unhappy we will do anything within our power to make that customer happy. Since I was not the owner of Apex when Dan came into the shop I will cannot comment on this experience. All I can say is I have offered to try to make it up to him... even though his negative experience was with the shop BEFORE I NOT OWNED IT.

Mike Mak
Norcal SVTOA-President
NorcalSVTOA.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread