Tuner Friendly 2v to 4v Swap

CCM302

Established Member
I'm swapping a 4v into my '03 GT. From what I've read, the best bet is a 4v wiring harness for the injectors, etc, a 4v computer, and the rest of my 2v wiring should suffice. But, I know there are issues with PATS. So, is there a particular computer that's better than the others that is tuner friendly? Or are all of the tuners pretty much able to overcome it at this point? I'm staying N/A, so i'd probably opt for the 99/01 Cobra or the 03/04 Mach computer and harness.

Thoughts/comments/opinions/experience?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Theres no need to swap wiring harnesses or computers. Just get a tune to optimize your combo. The ECU doesn't know how many valves per cylinder running.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I did this. Just run your stock computer and modify your wiring harness. No PATS issues involved.

Wiring harness modification is stupid easy. Flip the polarity on the coil connectors and extend them to reach the 4V coil locations, then extend a couple sensors (ECT, TPS, IAC.)

Then you just need a 4V tune to upload to the ECU. There's a number of places that can do it. I highly recommend efidynotuning.

decipha

Established Member
as has been stated no reason to swap the ecu other than if your going from a manual to an automatic, otherwise all the 99-04 mustang ecus are basically all the same gt/cobra/mach-1 are all the same it makes absolutely no difference for what your doing

btw, you can very easy copy and paste your pats code from your ecu to any other ecu you wish, simply go to efidynotuning.com and download tunerpro and fbgi0. Read out your current tune and click on pats code and you will see your actual pats code you can then copy and paste in to any other ecu if you wish or just keep it as a backup in case your ecu ever dies you can put yours pats code in another ecu from the JY and your theft stays functional.

anywho, heres some more details if your interested.

Getting Started / EFIDynoTuning

Users who are viewing this thread