Tuner for 2013 GT?

CobraG

Established Member
I just picked up a 2013 GT last weekend. It has some mods but no tuner. Which brand tuner is best for the 5.0?
From some research, I like the Bama right now, but I'm new to the 5.0 and would like some opinions.

Thanks

DaBigBone

Established Member
Lund or AED. Just google it. You'll literally find 100s of topics on this.

nate714

Established Member
I've bought enough junk from American Muscle to know never to rely on their house-brand products like BAMA, Raxiom, MMD, SR, etc. Great vendor and I love their website and support. I buy lots of stuff from them but I don't hold high expectations for quality. I still have an SR shock brace sitting in my backyard because it's junk and doesn't fit. Don't get a tune from them, a tune is kind of a big deal.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I just jumped into the coyote world this year and had Sean @ AED email tune my car. Runs strong, no issues, and his communication was top notch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
All these guys jump all over Bama all the time, yet Bama has an enormous list of clients and gets truckloads more everyday. Over 100 reviews on the site about the tunes and they have a 4.7 out of 5 star rating. Bama gives free updates to your tune for life. You could change it 4 times this week and 6 times next week if you so desired. I've had Bama tuning my car since day one and never had a single hitch in my performance. I'd bet that many of the Bama haters never even tried them. Moral of the story, don't write anyone off based on some "internet experts" whose opinions come with no real verifiable information behind them. I'm sure some of those other tuners they name are great, and probably better than Bama at FI cars. But for basic bolt ons, to full bolts ons, I have been superbly happy with Bama and their service. Instead of writing them off for no reason other than person x on a website said so, call Bama and talk to them bout your setup. I have had some of the best tuners around the country do some of my vehicles in the past, and the only reason to chase those guys and spend more money to get them to do your tune it becuase you've go FI or running monster cams. And I'm not stumping for AM or Bama for any reason. I just don't like to see people knock a company with so many happy customers and so few bad feedbacks like they are worthless.

scotmach

Established Member
How many guys have tuned for Bama over the last five years? Too many to count. My point is they suck at tuning. They have a lot of followers but that's because they have a great marketing department.

Zemedici

Established Member
All these guys jump all over Bama all the time, yet Bama has an enormous list of clients and gets truckloads more everyday. Over 100 reviews on the site about the tunes and they have a 4.7 out of 5 star rating. Bama gives free updates to your tune for life. You could change it 4 times this week and 6 times next week if you so desired. I've had Bama tuning my car since day one and never had a single hitch in my performance. I'd bet that many of the Bama haters never even tried them. Moral of the story, don't write anyone off based on some "internet experts" whose opinions come with no real verifiable information behind them. I'm sure some of those other tuners they name are great, and probably better than Bama at FI cars. But for basic bolt ons, to full bolts ons, I have been superbly happy with Bama and their service. Instead of writing them off for no reason other than person x on a website said so, call Bama and talk to them bout your setup. I have had some of the best tuners around the country do some of my vehicles in the past, and the only reason to chase those guys and spend more money to get them to do your tune it becuase you've go FI or running monster cams. And I'm not stumping for AM or Bama for any reason. I just don't like to see people knock a company with so many happy customers and so few bad feedbacks like they are worthless.

If only you knew.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I'm well aware of what a poor tune will do. I ran a Procharged 1998 Navigator for 4 years. The worst tune I have ever in my life seen came from Dugan Motorsports (who was a reputable Mustang performance shop in Atlanta GA for many years) via a Diablo device. After 5 tries and nearly destroying the tranny from inept tuning, I chased down a guy in Virginia who specialized in the F150 platform. (which was the same as the Navigator) His efforts were for more in depth, provided a large increase in power and a large increase in driveability. I gave diablo all the chances in the world to get it right, and they simply couldn't. That left a bad taste in my mouth for their company and I wouldn't use a diablo product again if they paid me. But, that was FI. The "majority" of the people who are getting these tunes are people with minor bolt on changes, not massive changes that require dyno time and extensive effort. While that method is the most effective, it's not the most cost efficient for someone who simply doesn't need it. Tuning for an intake, exhaust and perhaps a TB upgrade isn't rocket science and doesn't require the mad scientist to get it right. Again, I'm not stumping for anyone here, nor am I knocking anyone (other than maybe diablo) It's kinda like a MAACO painter. After enough experience you just learn to get it right. Maybe you don't start off as the best, as it seems Bama didn't, but there are far to many people using their tunes with no issues to steer light bolt on people away from them.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Bama is ok if you have like a o/r mid pipe, headers, cai. Something simple, but if you get a different IM with longtubes I would go lund. That's what I did and don't regret one bit. The car runs like a raped ape on bath salts. Send blazer707 a PM, he will get you taken care of. He was great to deal with and responded very quickly. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread