Tuner/engine builder question! Everyone come in!!

slvr35th

Established Member
Ok so I had my motor built by a very well tuner, also he has always tuned my car. Well after getting everything together and traveling 5 hours one way several times to get tunes and taking the motor to him I finally got the car put together and took another trip to him to get tuned. Well he had it for alittle over a month, so I went and picked it up and two days later it spun a rod bearing with a couple more with wear already. Remember he did everything from build to tune it so there was no finger pointing. Well after I tell him it's messed up I pulled it out for him and took it to him again! Then he says an injector must of went bad cause it was nothing he did. These are brand new 80# from lethal. So I help him pay for gaskets and bearings.

So I guess what I'm wondering has anyone ever made their tuner sign a agreement backin up there tune and engine building.

I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone but I have spend probably 2000 in gas getting tunes and everything in between and getting sick of all this!

Last edited:

cobra916

Established Member
injectors, rod bearing??huh? you did good by going to one person for all your work, but it was a given they would blame someone other then themselves.. i feel for your because ive been in your shoes..only thing you can do is sue..which wont be fun either. good luck

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
If we had some better tuner's local we would just fire his ass!! lol, but he is a good guy and all, just sick of traveling 5 hours one way to get shit right.. i just went to him on friday to get my car tuned for the whipple, and when i get home and drive it a couple days later its hesitating and dies on cold starts.. called him today and he is all for fixing it, but the drive sucks..lol

Zacharyx

Established Member
since we as a mustang community tend to beat on cars I can bet the only warranty most builders will give you would be that it will not spin a bearing on start up. The one person thing helps but in the end there are so many things that could go wrong and very little chance of a definitive cause to most of them good luck getting any builder or tuner blaming themselves. the last engine I had issues with the builder and I split bearings and he ate the labor

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
yeesh. PM me who it is so I can not go there lol.

he isnt here in oklahoma!! he is a good guy, not bashing on him.. just hate the drive, and the fact that my shit isnt spot on like it has been before! he is willing to email me new tunes and all that.. just alot of little things build up over time..

BTW goodluck on finding a good tuner' in oklahoma, that knows exactly what they are doing and not going to rape you on price.. i know alot buddies that use a local guy in tulsa and not making no where near the power they should be for thier mods.. not worth my time or money!!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looks to me like it's pretty easy to figure out the shop. :smmon:

If he built and tuned the whole thing then I would hope he would at least help you in some way.

That's why I do all my own work and tuning. No one to blame but myself if something goes wrong.

Good luck man.

cobra916

Established Member
If we had some better tuner's local we would just fire his ass!! lol, but he is a good guy and all, just sick of traveling 5 hours one way to get shit right.. i just went to him on friday to get my car tuned for the whipple, and when i get home and drive it a couple days later its hesitating and dies on cold starts.. called him today and he is all for fixing it, but the drive sucks..lol

same thing with me but i have a 3hr drive..got home and car still needs work on cold starts and idle.. sucks

Users who are viewing this thread