Tuneless Apten?

HONBOY1

Established Member
I read an article in either Mustang 5.0 or Fast Fords awhile back where they tested the Apten ported Eaton. They advised that with a stock pulley, a tune would not be necessary. Is there any truth to this? Would I be safe to run an Apten ported blower on my '03 Cobra without being on the lean side? My warranty was voided on my last Cobra due to flashing the computer. I sure don't want to go through that again with only 6,000 miles on my new one. All helpful information would be most appreciated, thanks!!! :??:

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Were you flashed or chipped?

I have a predator, and the ford rep just looked for a chip on mine, didn't detect the flash.

Also - I wouldn't feel save bringing my car past 5000 rpm without a tune.

you could always get it, and get the a/f checked on the dyno and report back to us.

HONBOY1

Established Member
Originally posted by Stang2WRX
Were you flashed or chipped?

I have a predator, and the ford rep just looked for a chip on mine, didn't detect the flash.

Also - I wouldn't feel save bringing my car past 5000 rpm without a tune.

you could always get it, and get the a/f checked on the dyno and report back to us.
I had a chip, but removed it before warranty repair. I heard that it was harder to detect with a programmer versus a chip. I might just purchase a programmer this time. Is there anyone else that can add to this discussion? By the way, thanks Stang2WRX!

Users who are viewing this thread