Tuned my truck no i believe it to be in theft mode

2002_500HP

Banned
Hey Guys,
I got the whipple on today and got done flashed tuned the truck with my SCT X-Cal went for a lap around the block run fine, has a slight hesitation up start up but otherwise it runs fine, well i go for a lap around the block runs great i come back take a shower and go out to leave put the key in the switch and i see the theft light blinking non stop....WTF... however i di dtry to start it 3 times when i went back out and it died all 3 times keep in mind this thing hasn't moved in 8 months so i figured it would need to get back into the groove, just wondering if any of you guys knows what's up???? any help would be greatly appericated.

LightningKiller

Trade it in, lol.

Just kidding. Get a 6 pack and I'll meet you there to figure it out tomorrow. Get online and get in touch with me tonight!

2002_500HP

Banned
yea bob, mutiple times when i see the light flashing i don't even turn the key over, figure no point i left it un hooked when i left tonight. Hey KLR i fyou wanna come over and help try to figure it out, my aim is Diekatakomben or my email is [email protected] drop me a line and i'll give you my number.

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Have you tried your other key? Maybe the chip went bad in the one you usually use. Check all the fuses as well just in case. I'm not much help when it comes to the PATS stuff, sorry. I hope it's something simple so you can enjoy the weekend.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Turn off pats in the tune and go to the dealer to have the pcm/pats redone. EXACT same thing happened to me with my whipple install.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
its as easy as setting a 1 to a zero in the tune, But when you go to the fealer, you will have to reflash back to stock, have them flash the pats system, then reflash to your tune. I dont know why, but I had it even worse with my whipple install, Ended up with a corrupt vehicle ID block.

2002_500HP

Banned
hey bob, do you use the SCT X Cal and if so do you have the PC cable for it, i was gonna see if you would let me borrow it, i would be willing to compensate you for it, if i can get my hands on one of those cables i can get this fixed tomorrow...you can pm me if you can do this an di'll give you my number.

Bootie

Established Member
If you have any xcal 2, a regular usb cable is all you need to connect to your PC. I'm not sure what to do if you have a Xcal 1.

c0bra969

Custom title.
Established Member
it did that in my cobra...would start then die, i had to have it towed to ford..and they replaced the little transponder reciever in the steering column, it went bad, wasnt picking up the "signal" and was telling the car that someone was trying to start it with a fake key...like 300 bucks..but now it starts.

Users who are viewing this thread