Tuned auto trans differences from stock

Redline8k

Established Member
this is for the guys that have tuned their auto transmisions. what is the biggest difference? What variables are adjustable? Does the manual auto feature react faster? Im tring to decide if I should buy and manual or auto. My plan is a street car with FI in the future some strip time...550-600 hp on 93 oct.
thanks
-nick

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I've owned both a 13 M6 and now a 14 A6. The biggest difference I noticed in the tuned auto was how hard it shifted. Complete night and day difference compared to stock. I don't really use the sport shift too often, so I don't have any input there. I loved my M6 car, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my 14 A6. I never had any real trouble with the manual. I did the motor mounts, trans bushing and a MGW. Any missed gears I had were most likely operator error. I put a bunch of nitrous through it and made a few hundred 1/8th mile passes. Stock clutch and transmission were still in the car when I traded it in. Either way, I think you'll be happy.

Redline8k

Established Member
I have heard lots of stories about the m6 some people have good luck and have no issues and others have been plagued with them. I just dont know if I want to take the chance.. thanks for the input keep it coming.

Wiech151

Established Member
Subscribed for information! Just got an auto a month ago, not tuned yet. As of right now when I put the pedal to the floor it takes a second if not a little longer to drop down into a lower gear. Manually putting it into 2 or 3 seems to have a quicker reaction. My car is getting tuned in about 2 weeks so I guess i'll see how much of a difference there is after that.

Users who are viewing this thread